The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Royalty Free Music from Arthur Stead -- Make it Magic Fun-Tastic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24227 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I just got Arthur and Lesl Stead's latest release of royalty free music. This is geared toward variety acts -- jugglers, magicians, fire eaters, puppeteers, etc.

First of all, let me say that I like Arthur and Leslie's work. This is by far the most eclectic album they have put together. The musical styles span jazz, country-western, Latin, circus, Gypsy, cartoon -- you name it.

I listened to the whole disc and took notes:

You get 11 main pieces --

1) Peanut Butter -- very Vince Guaraldi - like. Tribute to Charles Schultz.

2) Bob's Your Uncle -- somewhat Gershwin-like (think American in Paris) tribute to Bob Keeshan (Captain Kangaroo.)

3) Zig and Zag -- c/w like piece with a bit of honky-tonk style piano, mandolin and pedal steel guitar -- very upbeat. Sort of like Jerry Reed meets Ira Ironstrings meets Roland White meets Buddy Emmons.

4) Carnival in Rio -- Latin beat with bright colors -- excellent flute and organ parts. Very much like the material Jobim was known for.

5) Magic Clock -- clock beat in background -- very merry sound. Lots of flute and glockespiel, with double reeds in accompaniment.

6) Gypsy thread -- accordion piece with nice swingy percussion, very Gypsy jazz like in its feel. Guitar work very similar to some of
Django's work. Nice piano work as well.

7) Yo Yo Tango -- intriguing sound, different from anything else I have heard. Reminescent of some versions of Night and Day that I remember from a while back, but much more upbeat. Pizzicatto strings -- Nice accordion work.

8) Skittles -- modern sound, with strong beat, lots of synthesizer effects.

9) Red Balloon -- nice B3 work, along with piano, drums, etc. Nice short drum break.

10) Make It Snappy -- finger snaps with piano, organ background. nice work on vibes.

11) Greasepaint -- circus-like chase music, with stops. nice fiddle work. nice flutes. lots of neat sounds! trombones!!! trumpet squeaks! Gypsy fiddle interlude. Almost a laughing/crying/cartoonish feel to it.

There are four Interludes --

Sawdust -- would go very well with Zig and Zag
Gimmick -- fits Magic Clock --
Rubber Band -- would go well with Skittles.
Copy Cat -- Sounds much like Pink Panther -- fits with Make it Snappy.

And to bring you on, there are four Entrances --

Full Deck -- Almost a heavy metal feel -- would definitely wake your audience up!
Big Top -- Sounds like it's going to go into "Thunder and Blazes," but works into a vibe or marimba piece with symphonic
accompaniment. cartoonish.

If you are feeling down -- just listen to this CD, and as you do, you will begin to think of things you already have in your act that you could perform to this music. This is one of the happiest instrumental albums I have ever listened to. It is excellent music. It will add to what you do without unduly drawing the audience's attention away from you.

Fine work, Arthur and Leslie!

Available from http://www.arthurstead.com for $30.00. Well worth it.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Royalty Free Music from Arthur Stead -- Make it Magic Fun-Tastic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL