The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » That's quite the accidental stabbing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
"the defendant had a tumultuous relationship with the woman...but never intended to kill her...
...who was stabbed more than 20 times. (!!!)"

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2010......bnetwork
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
That's what I loved about the old Perry Mason TV series. Perry would badger the real guilty party in the courtroom with a barrage of questions until the murderer broke down in court. Inevitably, the murderer would shout out and then weep, "I was only trying to blackmail him and scare him with that ax to the throat, while kicking him in the groin and then backing up my car on top of him. But I never meant to kill him!! You gotta believe me!!"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I liked him in The 40 Year Old Virgin.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
He might have a good shot at the residential burglary, since he apparently didn't bring a weapon, but used one that he found there. The other charges (Assault with a Deadly Weapon and Attempted Murder)...man, my criminal defense background is limited, but I sure would have been trying to cut a deal.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Yeah, good actor.
~Will Rogers
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
Maybe they will make a TV movie about it?
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I say even though he didn't kill her throw the book at him and don't let him out.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
But judge she just kept throwing herself on my knife, I tried to stop her but she just kept falling on the blade.

That's what oj would have testified to.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well what is a stab wound? Lets suppose your girl attacks you with a pair of scissors and you end up rolling around as you wrestle them from her. You check yourself over and find you have 19 little scratches and a cut thumb. 20 stab wounds?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2011-03-21 19:06, tommy wrote:
Well what is a stab wound? Lets suppose your girl attacks you with a pair of scissors and you end up rolling around as you wrestle them from her. You check yourself over and find you have 19 little scratches and a cut thumb. 20 stab wounds?

Well, that's one way to look at it. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Then I think it would say "cuts," or just "wounds." "Stab" is a pretty specific action.
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Yes you would you think that, without knowing the papers and prosecution often exagerate.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Tommy this is true and they often just avoid any proof reading at all sometimes. The papers over here in the U.S. use to often print in an article such things as "Man was shot and injured" well duh! One of my all time favorites is from the Las Vegas Review Journal. This is exactly how it was printed "Officer shoots man with knife" So did he have a knife that also doubled as a gun? Or was the man holding a knife?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Well sensationalism certainly is a possibility, and I am well acquainted with media manipulation. But since there's no way to know yet then I will have to go with the story I've heard until the other facts do come out. And at this time it sounds a lot like "Accidentally stabbed 20 times." Which is sad and funny at the same time.

Shot with a knife Smile
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I love that tomahawk gun! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » That's quite the accidental stabbing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL