The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Getting a Bowl Engraved (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Well, I guess the bottom line is they are beautiful cups and everyone who has purchased a set seems to be delighted with them, whatever the decorative process is called. And that's all I'm gonna say. Smile
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
They are beautiful epoptika! Todd, I ordered a set of cups the same as your tin ones in copper, thanks for the head's up, can't wait till they are ready!
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Cant wait to see them!
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
I agree completely that the Sherwood cups are among the most beautiful and impressive of currently available cup sets.

However, an oil painting is created with oil paints, a water color is done water colors, and an inkjet print is done with a digital printer. To confuse or incorrectly describe the process for each of these techniques does a service to no one - except possibly the vendor who is trying to pass off an inkjet print as an oil painting. I can't imagine why anyone who is interested in such things (oil paintings, decorative cups, etc) would not want to be enlightened regarding the processes involved.

Can you say "cognitive dissonance?

TW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_dissonance
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 13:19, lint wrote:
Why won't Brett chime in here and just explain exactly what he orders done to his cups?

He has explained this once already.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2135 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 13:19, lint wrote:
Why won't Brett chime in here and just explain exactly what he orders done to his cups?

Hopefully he's too busy finishing his book Smile

Eagerly awaiting its release.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
lint
View Profile
Special user
Concord, CA
959 Posts

Profile of lint
Jake, meant to say it earlier but so glad to see you still around. I hope your health is on the up & up!
"There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip..." -English Proverb
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
Thanks once more to everyone who has responded to my inquiry. I sure know a lot more now about the processes of metal engraving, chasing/embossing and repousse.

And a special thank you to Pete Biro for his kind gift. I'll be picking up the bowl later today.

Such generosity leaves me almost speechless (almost).
:thanx:
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2135 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 15:30, lint wrote:
Jake, meant to say it earlier but so glad to see you still around. I hope your health is on the up & up!

Thanks Todd!
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Getting a Bowl Engraved (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL