The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Flying Box - (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Back on point, here's my practice session in my yard.
it's a fun illusion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DeXiZQQmE
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
JoyJoy
View Profile
Special user
Germany
514 Posts

Profile of JoyJoy
@magicians: Why are you exposing the illusion?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 03:48, JoyJoy wrote:
@magicians: Why are you exposing the illusion?

sorry, wrong edit...
poof, its gone.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Jonathan Pendragon
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Pendragon
Ray, OK you floored me again. Yes, for the "Blues Brothers" church scene (actually soundstage 28 at Universal) I wore the glasses with the lens removed for the back-handsprings, but not in every take. I wore black make-up around the eyes, like they use to complete the mask effect in most superhero films. My hair was sprayed black everyday for two weeks. We shot the concert scene next where I did the front flip for John. My shower was mess by the end of the shoot, so much so that for "Continental Divide" I dyed my hair black. There is a photo of John, Hunter S. Thompson and me with black hair. It's in my office. When my friends see it they say, "I know these two guys (Hunter and John), but who is that (me)?"
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Okay, I have seen this illusion at least 6 times on YouTube by different magicians.
Are their any plans available for this effect?
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2011-11-08 16:19, wmhegbli wrote:
Okay, I have seen this illusion at least 6 times on YouTube by different magicians.
Are their any plans available for this effect?

As Eran said you can find on Youtube. I would send you the link but your PM inactive.

Best,

Las
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I would love to add a fling box to my kids shows here in uk. magicwalsh@gmail.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
My practice session before my halloween show.
Backyard fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRdK5sulIXw
scottmcfall
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of scottmcfall
I really liked this effect and you guys must have worked hard. It would be great to ad some plot point at the beginning. Like that you are trying to lean on the box and it's knocking you off of itself. maybe you are trying to put a drink or something on the box and it keeps shaking it off or making your plate or hat fall back so that you can't find it. Just a thought Really sharp trick though
M.Frymus
View Profile
Loyal user
Oakville, Ontario, Canada!
293 Posts

Profile of M.Frymus
I am actually interested in this illusion for making my girlfriend appear.
This has got to be the best performance of this illusion I've seen so far. Maybe because I haven't seen that many?

Anyway, my question is, where did you get this, is this the old or new version?
MICHAEL FRYMUS
Director of Photography

Filmming worldwide

Email: dop-michaelfrymus@live.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-04-26 13:59, M.Frymus wrote:
I am actually interested in this illusion for making my girlfriend appear.
This has got to be the best performance of this illusion I've seen so far. Maybe because I haven't seen that many?

Anyway, my question is, where did you get this, is this the old or new version?

No, no plans available, just find the Masked Magician's Exposure on YouTube and then work out the details and make it.
MagicGib
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of MagicGib
THanks for the comments on my video as to building this trick we built it ourselves. Just use your imagination and you will save loadss of cash.

Thanks again
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Could I perform this without an assistant.??
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
No!
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
It's not impossible !
But he question is: who will came out of your box ????????
You Tube: "Parenthese Cubique" - Berox - Maxime Delforges - Leopoldine - le plus grand cabaret du monde
A clever solution to the "problem".
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Not true that there are no plans for this illusion. There are plans! Osborne has plans for what they identify as the Airborne Box. It is the same! Just a different name. Check it out at their website.

Arthur
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Dam, I would like to buy the flying box. but I may have to buy an assistant ???? I want a good 1 man illusion, well unusual one
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-06-16 07:26, Martello wrote:
Not true that there are no plans for this illusion. There are plans! Osborne has plans for what they identify as the Airborne Box. It is the same! Just a different name. Check it out at their website.

Arthur

Looks like Paul Osborne has recently updated his site and offering of many of his illusions. Very good, not there are plans for this interesting illusion. That is Great!
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I think I will buy it, its called the Airborne box.
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Nice plans from Osborne! I'm almost finished building mine (with some help from a technician based on his plans. Worth the investment for this amazingly simple and effective illusion.

Arthur
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Flying Box - (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL