The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » RRCTM idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
HI I am just wondering what people think of this idea.. I am thinking of setting up a blog/forum website dedicated to rrtcm and basically what I what do do is work through the book telling my tale of the rrtcm what difficulties I come across what I do to practise what patter/presentation I come up with for the tricks.. and then people can add their experiences knowledge patter/presentation ideas to help others along the way.. STuart
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Sounds great! Go for it...
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2505 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Go for it! Id sure love that
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Could be very interesting. Sometimes we forget that other people are working on the same things. One person might have a workaround for something that has another stumped. Sometimes it can be as simple as changing a grip or repositioning one finger. Great idea.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
silent shadow
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
231 Posts

Profile of silent shadow
You could start a Blog in the 'Time after time' forum here at the Café.

Jason
Magic or just an illusion? it's a free choice .... isn't it?
smileymcsmiley
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of smileymcsmiley
Awesome will look forward to it as I am working my way through the book myself! Let us know when and where it will be !!

:) Smile
mdaniels
View Profile
New user
Panamá
78 Posts

Profile of mdaniels
Bandon
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Bandon
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 07:17, mdaniels wrote:
Already done http://sleightly.com/blog/annotated-roya......d-magic/

Indeed, but this doesn't mean Stuartle's won't be useful or helpful, particularly for him as a beginner (I'm making an assumption here).

I think go for it, it'll be interesting to see what you find and what others have to say in response. I kinda wish I had done this when I started with RRTCM, although I suppose it's not too late!
mdaniels
View Profile
New user
Panamá
78 Posts

Profile of mdaniels
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 10:18, Amonod wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-25 07:17, mdaniels wrote:
Already done http://sleightly.com/blog/annotated-roya......d-magic/

Indeed, but this doesn't mean Stuartle's won't be useful or helpful, particularly for him as a beginner (I'm making an assumption here).

I think go for it, it'll be interesting to see what you find and what others have to say in response. I kinda wish I had done this when I started with RRTCM, although I suppose it's not too late!

I was trying to help, I never said that won't be useful or helpful.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
For what it's worth, my major reason for wanting to annotate Royal Road was simply because I didn't think there was enough honest discussion about the book. So, personally, I applaud stuartle's decision and look forward to reading what he has to say.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
mmalone
View Profile
New user
Dallas, Texas
15 Posts

Profile of mmalone
I am glad you responded with that link Amonod, it certainly helped me.
I have been working through this book and reading others viewpoints and
thoughts is very insightful to me.

If you decide to do one stuartle, I would be very interested in following
and participating in the conversation. Please post up the link if you do.

Mike
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
I think it sounds like a great idea. Everyone in the magic world has their own strengths and weaknesses from beginner to seasoned pro. There will always be something new to learn or a way to "tweak" any move to fit one persons personal style. So I say go for it as well, I'm sure many will want to hear about your journey as well as telling you tales of theirs.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
JRediens
View Profile
Regular user
Roma, Italy
147 Posts

Profile of JRediens
Simple and great idea, maybe an apposite section could be created for this kind of topic. So that All major book could be discussed and people take the best from them
What do you think?
Maybe in the secret section or book one. even if it is not as practical as a blog.
Andy Stagg
View Profile
New user
England, Devon
25 Posts

Profile of Andy Stagg
I think this is a great idea I am also reading RRTCM at present so this would be a great help to me
terrychylton
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
18 Posts

Profile of terrychylton
I would have enjoyed stumbling upon that when I was reading the book, sounds like a great idea. How is it coming along? I needed someone to advise me to slow down when I first read it, I was quick to think I had taken everything in, that was not even nearly the case. My first read was a complete waste. Anyway great idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » RRCTM idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL