The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2011 entrée: Morgan Strebler » » Salutations Sir Morgan... A Couple Of Questions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Salutations Sir...

Metal Bending is a professional staple of mine.. it's something I truly love and perform it at professional gigs as well as other performance situations...

that being said..

Whats your thoughts on 'Advancing Techniques' for 'Metal Bending'... do you feel there can be new ways to 'Cloak' the technique... or has all avenues been explored as far as 'Methods' go to say bend a fork.. and not using a 'Gimmick'... do you believe that there are Unexplored 'Methods' and 'Techniques' or has it gotten to the stage where we are just 'Refining' and 'Evolving' our 'Presentations' but not the actual 'Techniques'
-----------------------

Also if you had any insights on getting 'Higher End Bookings' such as 'Celebrities' and that lot.. how you got into that 'Level' of bookings and advice on how others can get into it as well
--------------------------------------------

Much Obliged Mate for taking the time to stop into the Café.. hopefully we can have many discussions on 'Metal Bending' and 'PK Magic' in general

Cheers
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
That's a tough question. I think there will always be innovators in our art that will create exciting new methods. I for one can't wait. They need to hurry!LOL

I recently shot Liquid Metal 2, and it's the evolution of Liquid Metal over the past 7 years or so. It has fresh new bends in the routine as well as a new ending. It should be out by summer. I'm super excited about this project!

I got a lucky break into the celebrity market when I performed at a party for Michael Jackson at Neverland Ranch. That lead to my gig at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. I worked at Caramel ultra lounge. It was a celebrity hot spot, and I made many of my contacts there over the years. I would suggest if you want to work for Celebs, try and get hired to perform in a place where they frequent. You can then begin building relationships and even friendships with them. That will open the doors for many high profile gigs.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Brilliant Mate!.. Obliged for the advice and insight..

I concur 'Methods' are always evolving... or is it really the 'Cloaking' of the method that is 'Evolving'.. I ponder this all the time..

Liquid Metal Two.. Smashing Mate... I'll be on the look about for that...
Darth_Prime
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Darth_Prime
Blasted Double Post...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2011 entrée: Morgan Strebler » » Salutations Sir Morgan... A Couple Of Questions » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL