The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Prayer request (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
I will probably get in a little hot water for this, but I have to follow what I believe the Lord wants me to do. So here goes...

At our monthly local FCM meeting, Bro. David confided in me that he had been seeing a doctor, and they have found something of concern and ordered further testing. Without divulging details I am asking that you remember Bro. David in your prayers. He is prepared for what ever the out come and is only seeking God’s will.

Please pray accordingly.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Our prayers will be with him.
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
I believe Brother Shadow that, you made the right call. May the Creator Bless his efforts and his family.

Prayer always works!~r2
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5081 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bro David, my prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure you believe as I do that God has a purpose and a reason for everything. Just trust in him and he will see you through.
Where the magic begins
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
490 Posts

Profile of DougTait
BroDavid, my prayers for healing go out to you.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
He will be in my prayers too.
Gary
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
I have not taken to knee in a lllllloooooooonnnnnnggg time. Tonight, I think I shall take to knee and pray once more for Brother Dave.

Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Oh Man! You just can't trust that Shadow guy...Smile

Seriously Shadow, thanks for listening to the Lord, rather than me. I can't fault your heart on that in any way.

And many thanks to all of you who have so graciously taken time to raise me up in Prayer.

Tests this coming week, including another Cat Scan, and a biopsy will give us all some definition to the situation. Until then, there isn't much to say or do, except pray. And when you come down to it, even if there are a million other things to do, none of them are more important than prayer.

But as I told my wife when she asked me why I did not seem worried; I will not be worried, unless we suddenly conclude that God is NOT in charge. THEN, I will be very worried. But more for the World than for myself.

As for me, I know that God is still in charge. And that is all I need to know. So, day by day, whatever He decides, it's OK with me, I just pray that He is Glorified through it all.

Thanks again friends. I really appreciate your prayers.

God Bless,

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
305 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
BroDavid,
I'll be praying for as well. May the Lord bless you with healing, love and mercy. -Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
BroDavid,
Thanks for your post and letting us know a little of what's going on in your life. My family will be praying for you and yours...together we can rest assured that God's in charge and His will will be done.

Steven
Dalqvist
View Profile
New user
Västerås, Sweden
17 Posts

Profile of Dalqvist
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalms 121:1-2)

May our Lord bless you and keep you, BroDavid. I will pray for you.
"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." (Psalms 100:2)
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Allan, you selected my favorite verse!

The first sermon I ever preached was based on Psalms 121

That was truly an inspiration! As are all of the prayers!

My sincerest thanks to all of you.

BroDavid
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
BroDavid,

Sorry for getting into this at this late date. My prayers will include you and your family.

Andrew
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
3177 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I went for the biopsy today. The plan was for a cat scan to locate the suspect tissue in my right lung, and use that information to target the needle biopsy. The possible complications, included a collapsed lung, and a variety of potential infections, and after all of that, the biopsy might be inconclusive. Oh joy, what fun....

So I was prepped with a IV port inserted into my arm, a blood pressure cuff, and an oxygen level sensor.

The CAT scan was taken, and I waited about 30 minutes for the Doctor to show up and I had to continue to lay in the same position as in the CAT scan. As I laid there I continued to thank God for all His goodness, and prayed again that no matter what my diagnosis, that He be glorified!

The Doctor came in, introduced himself, and said; We won't be doing a biopsy today. The tissue has changed dramatically, all those antibiotics apparently are working. (I thought; right.......when my pneumonia was diagnosed, I got 9 days of antibiotics, and those ran out almost three weeks ago..) But anyway, they said they didn't want to risk the complications of a biopsy right now, because it looks like my lung is healing. And I should probably get another Cat Scan in a couple of weeks, and go from there..

I looked at the Cat Scan Image, and what had been several inches of suspect tissue extending to the wall of my lung with a silver dollar sized suspect "core" was now not even touching the lung wall, was about 1/3 the previous size, and the suspect core was now only about a dime size.

But I know; It wasn't the antibiotics, but it was the hand of the Great Healer! My wife and I rushed out of there. I was so happy that I almost couldn't contain it. And I needed to shout! When we got home, we sat down and began to pray, and I began to cry huge tears of joy and wonder that our Great God would hear our prayers and answer them! I was reminded of what Job said; Who is man, that God is mindful of him?

We do have an awesome healing God! He is Worthy, and Worthy to be Praised! Not just for what He does, but for who He is!

I am not surprised, because I knew He could. But I am constantly amazed about our God who can do exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond, all that we could wish and hope for. I knew He could heal me. He might have chosen to do it here, or in Heaven! And either way was fine with me. Praise God. But He has chosen to heal me here. Praise God!

Thanks to all who helped lift me up in prayer. I take prayer very seriously. And I appreciate the honor of having my name lifted to God on your hearts and voices!

May God Bless each of you, even more than He has Blessed me. And Believe me! HE HAS BLESSED ME A LOT! And not just today, but for all the days of my Salvation, He has Blessed me. And I pray His Blessings on each of you.

BroDavid
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1665 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Praise God .

Thank you for the update. I am delighted for you.

D
Andrew
View Profile
Loyal user
285 Posts

Profile of Andrew
Great news BroDavid!

God is WORTHY or our praise!

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ!!
Andrew
Professional Provider of Wonderment!
www.andrewsfamilymagic.com
Dalqvist
View Profile
New user
Västerås, Sweden
17 Posts

Profile of Dalqvist
Hallelujah! What a mighty God we serve!
"Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." (Psalms 100:2)
Shadow
View Profile
Regular user
Akron, OH
171 Posts

Profile of Shadow
Great report, God is so faithful! I told you he did not save you just to take you home, he has many wonderful things he wants to do through you. I praise him and thank him that I will be around to see the great works he will be do through you.

Praise God
Thank you Jesus
brianmayo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of brianmayo
That is awesome to hear! Please keep us posted and we'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
We Praise God BroDavid, and thank Him for the Blessings He has given to you, and the Blessings he has given to us through you. Pressed down shaken together running over...
Godspeed
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Prayer request (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL