The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gazzo victimized by e-mail scam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll have to tease Peter about this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
garyanimal
View Profile
Regular user
UK
136 Posts

Profile of garyanimal
I have not stopped yet teasing him yet
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I'll be in London in the last part of August and first part of September. I know he will be there.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2011-04-02 10:22, Pete Biro wrote:
Yesterday I won $240,000,000 in a Nigerian Lottery. I sent them my bank account number to collect my prize.

Tell the Nigerian lawyer that if he pays you 10% cash right away you accept giving him 30% of the collected proceeds. Alternatively you accept to sell him 100% of the winnings for an immediate payment in cash of 50% of the amount.

Do it by email, though, don't do it by post: it would cost you a stamp!
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
That's basically how Billy Sol Estes sold nonexistent steam cleaners to oil pipeline purchasing agents.

He would go into the agent's office, show him the drawings of the steam cleaners, and then take an order for them. Then came the bait and the hook. He would say, "You want 5 of these, right? If you will make the purchase order out for 10 of them, and cut me a check for the entire amount, I'll split the retail price of the other 5 with you. I'll write you a check right now, if you will write one for me."

The man would cut Billy Sol a check for the full amount of the price of the steam cleaners. They were about $10,000 each. So The oil company paid Sol $100,000.00. Sol then cut a check for $25,000. to the purchasing agent.

The steam cleaners did not exist. When they didn't arrive, the purchasing agent couldn't say anything because he was in on the deal.

They caught Billy Sol by setting up a sting.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2011-04-04 21:31, Lawrence O wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-03-29 02:40, Pete Biro wrote:
Scams can be disastrous. My wife works in a law firm and one client fell for a Nigerian letter and lost her savings and her home. Be careful.

That Nigerian scam about collecting money and paying the lawyer is going now, under several forms, for more than 15 years. My brother Marc and I used to collect them. When my brother was killed by an avalanche in Switzerland we had gathered more than 50 variants.

If anyone received a letter from a Nigerian lawyer stating that he can collect a commission for helping to collect legal money, just don't answer.
Did you ever see the one sent out to a mailing list of an occult/new age persuasion purporting to be an old "Masonic Lodge" who's assets were held up in escrow and that you could be a beneficiary to the claim if you played along (IE: sent them lots of money!)?

I could see if I can find a copy of that one, which was a classic!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Gazzo victimized by e-mail scam (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL