The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Do they make vanishing wands the size of a tambale stick...pardon my spelling on that...it's radius is smaller than a drumstick...vanishing wands that size???
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Fantasio do one although it's a little thick. There are more 'premium' options available if you search around.

Here's a fun video of the Fantasio one in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqoP8yexIH8

Alternatively, if you want to cause a provably solid wand to vanish, check out Flip Hallema's famous 'Flip Stick' routine in Tarbell vol. 7.

Here's some footage of Jimmy Talksalot doing some amazing work around the general area of vanishing wands and magic hats:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S8QhJD-qo

Dunno if that's any use to you. Apologies if it isn't... Smile
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Thanks volto! I'm very familiar with Jimmys work. its inspired me in many ways.....I had other ideas in mind.....working backwards from the effect to the method.....harder, but Im confident the end result is worth it...
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Timbale sticks are a good diameter to perform Flipstick, but they are a little long from what I've seen. For most magicians, an ideal length is 12" (31cm). Hardwood dowel rods are cheaper and can work well, too.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-03-29 13:20, Nick W wrote:
Thanks volto! I'm very familiar with Jimmys work. its inspired me in many ways.....I had other ideas in mind.....working backwards from the effect to the method.....harder, but Im confident the end result is worth it...

I would be best to get the proper instuction from the originator of moves and effects. Flip himself. Here it all explained, it takes hours of practice and you need to know where you are going.

http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2130

Additionally, Shoot Ogawa has a wonderful wand routine using flip techinuque that is outstanding and will give you insight on a routine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ4mkP1dfzY

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjI1Nzg5OTQ0.html
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
My orignal intent to post was unclear, my fault...I'm not looking to do flipsick moves...rather a wand version of a vanishing cane...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Why don't you just buy the Vanishing Wand by Fantasio. It works well.

If you want a metal bronse color Vanishing Wand from Japan, PM me, and I will give you more information. Not cheap though!

You can see how we would suggest the flip move as you posted in the Manipulation section of the Café. Pardon our mis-understanding.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio wand is the way to do then. Get one while you can.

If you want to go to steel materials, Harakan from Japan are very good. You might also find an older Walsh vanishing wand.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, the one I can provide is a Bronze or copper color Harakan Vanishing Wand, could not think of the name when I posted.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Do they make them in pink? or can you change the colour of these wands?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No they do not make them in pink, as a matter of fact, they do not make them at all any longer.

This is not a color changing wand but a vanishing wand. LOL
No you cannot change the color of the wand.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Im thinking I need the wand to vanish to accomplish the effect I'm creating...I need pink but I cant really go into detail as to why...

working backwards

search for a new method

but don't scrap the thought...
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Fantasio products can be painted with the Krylon paint to change the color. You might have to touch it up occasionally though.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I know you've said you don't want to do flipstick moves but why? It can be just as deceptive (if not more so) than a fantasio. It might be worth a second look...
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
I'm quite fluent with flipstick moves. They work great on their own or to flow to other routines. Im working on a new idea and exploring possible methods. basically changing a stick into an object. can be done with a flipstick move but I would have to end clean....its hard to ditch a foot long drumstick. but to topit a collapsed wand is much easier...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vanishing wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL