The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Shawn Farquhar & Russ Stevens » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

People can choose whatever words they like from that interview in Reel Magic Quarterly, but when asked multiple times what my problem with him is, Shawn Farquhar’s answer was “I don’t know”. He does know and now because of this thread, so do you. Not once did he address it though.

I want to thank everyone that has contributed to this thread and also for the hundreds of private messages of support from people on here and Facebook, emails, etc. It’s much appreciated. I’d also like to thank Magiccafe for allowing this thread to run as an open topic, because unlike other places where hidden agendas and friendships are allowed to rule, it’s nice to see things are a little more democratically run.

This thread only started because Shawn Farquhar decided to do that interview and this was my way of getting my reply out there instantly. You can make of it what you will, but ultimately I know that every time he walks out onto that stage, there are a lot more people aware of just where he got that idea from (without permission).

Thanks again everyone for contributing.

Best,
Russ
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:

Unless Russ OWNS the rights to the staging, scripting, special lighting, card plot, or music, or general "feel" of the piece, then even if Shawn took all of that from him, it is not theft, and Russ has no complaint, because nothing was taken from him that he owns.

One word............ETHICS!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Russ, I've watched the video you posted several times and, honestly, I can only see ONE time when Shawn was asked about you.

The instance in the first clip where Shawn replies "I don't know", he is being asked about the vicious attacks he received from the bloggers immediately after he won the Grand Prix.

In the later clip the interviewer clearly refers to you when he says:

"Any idea what the motivation may have been?"

Shawn doesn't say, "I don't know" this time, he says:

"I totally understand where's he's coming from...but maybe I think he feels that he's losing part of who he was because of the influence of the Grand Prix. When it was a silver, maybe it wasn't as bad of an effect to him and so he just kind of went... whatever. And when it became the Grand Prix he went Oh no and did a knee jerk reaction that became this huge thing."

I know some will accuse me of being Shawn's friend or looking at the situation through "rose coloured glasses" for bringing this up, and maybe you're just exaggerating for effect, but to say "when asked multiple times what my problem with him is, Shawn Farquhar’s answer was “I don’t know”. " is simply not true.

Please don't be offended, and don't assume I'm jumping to Shawn's defense. It was bad enough that this thing was brought up on the Reel Magic interview at all - but just be careful not to put yourself in a position where people will say you're twisting facts to suit your own agenda.
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Tim,

Ok, lets study what he said as quoted by you:

"I totally understand where's he's coming from"

Yes, Shawn Farquhar does understand where I'm coming from, it's about him seeing my tape and him then lying about the fact. He doesn't address this fact once.

"When it was a silver, maybe it wasn't as bad of an effect to him and so he just kind of went... whatever. And when it became the Grand Prix he went Oh no and did a knee jerk reaction that became this huge thing".

He knows for a fact, I didn't have a problem when he won silver because I believed his story and didn't know of the tape. Just before he won Gold I found out the truth. He knows the answer, but makes up an answer that he knows isn't correct.

Now please don't say that I'm twisting his words. You've quoted and I've responded with answers that even you know are fact.

Tim I've got to say, that if you want the last word on this then please do. From my end there is nothing more to say.

Maybe see you in 2012.

Best wishes,
Russ
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
939 Posts

Profile of andykean
Looks to me like Shawn made a mistake, as we all do in life.
A simple apology to Russ, would make it right. I guess however this looks unlikely to happen.
As I think when a situation gets this far down the track people rarely change their positions.
Losing face is a too great a loss, which is a shame.Because it takes a big man to say sorry and mean it.
If I was Russ I would issue a statement expressing my disappointment with Shawn's interview and move on.
Tim's comments appear balanced, and in case anyones interested I have met all 3 of these guys over years( They wouldn't know me)
They all seemed like genuine people to me and above all they all loved magic.
So for the sake of the art move on chaps please!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Shawn Farquhar & Russ Stevens » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL