The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 30th March 2011 Behaviour Patterns, Illumin8, HIgh Flyer, Deception (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 05:22, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Am I the only one that wasn't that blown away by Illumin8? Perhaps I'd need to see it in person....

I wasn't really blown away by Illumin8 either. Wait...nevermind! Smile
It really does have to be something seen in person to appreciate the potential. The fact that the spectators can have a keepsake sent to their phone or even email address to show them what they got to experience is one of the main reasons why I perform Illumin8.

Mike Hankins
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
@ MichaelGristMagic Sorry, and I realize that this is way off topic and something I would not ordinarily ask, but I'm totally confused by your signature; "Magic is propar class like hew!"? Just what does it mean, or am I missing something? I'm just curious, and it wouldn't be the first time for me that something went over this old head of mine. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Quote:
On 2011-04-05 19:22, gaffed wrote:
@ MichaelGristMagic Sorry, and I realize that this is way off topic and something I would not ordinarily ask, but I'm totally confused by your signature; "Magic is propar class like hew!"? Just what does it mean, or am I missing something? I'm just curious, and it wouldn't be the first time for me that something went over this old head of mine. Smile

Lol its fine mate only a few people will probably understand it and that's mainly people from newcastle, England. 'Propar class like hew' is a 'geordie' term for something that's awesome or amazing. People from Newcastle only really say it and its kind of a funny term you'll only really understand if you live in England or visited newcastle. Hope it kind of makes sense lol Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Most people IN England don't understand the Geordie accent. In fact I know people from Newcastle who don't even understand each other. When I moved out here, people in the states said, "At least you're moving to a country where they speak the same language!" I had an easier time in Russia than I do here...I had to call BT to cancel my Internet service last week, and I'm not sure if I ended up canceling the service or accepting a part time internship with the guy on the phone.

Luckily, Michael is one of the easier ones to understand around here!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MichaelGristMagic
View Profile
New user
Newcastle, UK
67 Posts

Profile of MichaelGristMagic
Quote:

Luckily, Michael is one of the easier ones to understand around here!

Glad you think so lol Smile
Magic is propar class like hew! Smile

"Pick a card"
"why?"
"So I can find it"
"why?"
"Because I can..."
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Thanks, I had the distinct feeling that it might possibly have something to do with British terms, and or phraseology etc. I believe it was George Bernard Shaw who said; “Two countries separated by a common language.”? There are also certain terms/ words/accents and expressions in the U.S. that can vary from state to state. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of a “Geordie” accent, but evidently it’s well known! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHHbfY6MVc

Quote:
On 2011-04-06 05:56, Andrew Zuber wrote:
Most people IN England don't understand the Geordie accent. In fact I know people from Newcastle who don't even understand each other. When I moved out here, people in the states said, "At least you're moving to a country where they speak the same language!" I had an easier time in Russia than I do here...I had to call BT to cancel my Internet service last week, and I'm not sure if I ended up canceling the service or accepting a part time internship with the guy on the phone.

All too funny! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 12:00, gaffed wrote:
Thanks, I had the distinct feeling that it might possibly have something to do with British terms, and or phraseology etc. I believe it was George Bernard Shaw who said; “Two countries separated by a common language.”? There are also certain terms/ words/accents and expressions in the U.S. that can vary from state to state. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of a “Geordie” accent, but evidently it’s well known! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSHHbfY6MVc

All too funny! Smile

Priceless Gaffed.
Here is another transatlantic accent situation from the Geordie next door neighbours.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3JcHhA7M-Y

All the best
Jim
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Well known - yes.
Well understood - not at all.

I remember when Greg Wilson was out here, he was listening to guys talking in the magic shop and laughing his face off; he SWORE they were all from another country.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2011-03-31 13:34, Darth_Prime wrote:
also with 'Behaviour Patterns the numbers on the pages are left unjustified.. you make a deal about them.. but it doesn't play into the ending revelation

On the other hand, they introduce a bit of a "sucker" effect into the trick. They tie in with the first revelation (barely), which isn't such an amazing revelation, and has you thinking "hmmm, is that all? Kinda weak." Which sets you up to really get nailed by the second revelation, perhaps more so than if the performer went straight for the card in the envelope.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Magic Review » » Wizard Product Review 30th March 2011 Behaviour Patterns, Illumin8, HIgh Flyer, Deception (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL