The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Messed up again...(What a shock!) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon-O the Great
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Jon-O the Great
The other day, when I did the ‘Give me a # between 1 and 10..” When I counted down, I could feel there was not 2 cards for the DL. That meant that the key wasn’t behind the indifferent. What to do???

I just grabbed the indifferent card, and of course, it was not the key. So I showed it to the people, replaced it on the FRONT of the deck backward, holding the deck so (hopefully) no one could see what I did, said the usual, “Here, hold this----, I’ll do a different trick.” Then pulled the next card off the top (which, thankfully, was a key) and finished the trick, as if that was the way it was supposed to go. I think no one noticed what I’d done. At least no one said so. And I made a sale or 2.

OK, what SHOULD I have done? It was the only thing I could think of at the time.

Jon
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
When I encountered this problem, I stopped doing the count down ... that way it doesn't matter if the deck gets out of sync. So you could just stop asking them for a number, if you don't mind going to extremes for the sake of simplicity that is.

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Messed up again...(What a shock!) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL