The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Locking Reel (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
Hi,

Before I ask my question, I have searched the Café for ideas but I still have unanswered questions.

I'm looking for a locking reel, not an ITR but a utility reel.

I am going to use it for vanishes and I'm looking for one that locks and can be unlocked by pulling on the thread.

Any advise?

Thanks

Alan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22861 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Normal locking reels are not the best choice for using it for a vanisher. It all depends on what you are trying to vanish.

Go here: http://www.martinbreese.com/ 3rd item down on the page are pictures of reels. The 1st on the left is a locking reel. Just thought you would be interested in seeing what a locking reel looked like.
Hagerman
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Hagerman
Anything on the current market like this?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22861 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nothing to my knowledge, what you have to do is convert a Key-Bak brand reel's to a line reel. Then use one of 2 methods to make it locking. Key-Bak is to carry a lot of keys on a ring, this reel is usually carried on the belt. Maintenance and Janitor men usually use them.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1091 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I have a Patrick & Mia reel. It vanishes cards, balls, coins, etc. Is this what you are looking for? Never been used.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22861 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just learned that Henry Evans sells a Magnetic Reel, that can be looked by the Fantasio method. It looks powerful from the video. Not a powerful as the Key Bak reel, but if you are looking for a reel, I though maybe you would be interested in this.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3831
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Locking Reel (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL