The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Indian Cups and Balls Set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I'm sorry to hear you were ill Gary. I'm greatly looking forward to the book - and I love that you are using an introduction from Lee Siegel's book. I've asked another Indian magician if Lee's book is an authentic report of life among the Maslet. It certainly seems so and is a WONDERFUL book. He had not read it, but another US magician thought it was mostly fiction. Does his book seem factual to you?

If any readers of this forum have read it and enjoyed it, I would also recommend Salman Rushdie's children's book Haroun and the Sea of Stories - it's MUCH lighter (and can be read quickly), but resonates with the type of eastern magical thinking that you can't find in the west.
Mike McErlain
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto & Green Cove Springs, FL
130 Posts

Profile of Mike McErlain
Gary, I'm glad to hear you are on the mend!

I'm looking forward to the book, it sounds wonderful.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
Quote:
On 2012-08-04 15:27, Donnie Buckley wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you were ill Gary. I'm greatly looking forward to the book - and I love that you are using an introduction from Lee Siegel's book. I've asked another Indian magician if Lee's book is an authentic report of life among the Maslet. It certainly seems so and is a WONDERFUL book. He had not read it, but another US magician thought it was mostly fiction. Does his book seem factual to you?

If any readers of this forum have read it and enjoyed it, I would also recommend Salman Rushdie's children's book Haroun and the Sea of Stories - it's MUCH lighter (and can be read quickly), but resonates with the type of eastern magical thinking that you can't find in the west.

Most of the book is factual.Then you have his chapters that are 100% fiction, though based on truths. 'Net of Magic' always provided me with inspiration and helped me to break away from the eurocentric model about what magic is and should look like. It has become my Bible.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Good to hear you are doing better Gary! Your Indian Cups and balls book and cups will be a must have.

Randy
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
Hi Gary: Long Time!!! You are the best guy to do it. Book a copy for me already.
Gary Kosnitzky
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Gary Kosnitzky
Quote:
On 2012-09-23 18:47, maharajademagia wrote:
Hi Gary: Long Time!!! You are the best guy to do it. Book a copy for me already.

You're on my list . If anyone else is interested PM me.
Rediscover a lost art.

www.jadoosmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Indian Cups and Balls Set? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL