The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vito Lupo smoke in glass question (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
I just bought a Vito Lupo electric smoke in glass trick form an individual and it came with no instructions. Just the glass and battery. Can someone PM me what I put in this to make it work?

Thanks!

~C~
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Sent you a PM.

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks for the PM folks! I took your advice and it works GREAT!!!

Posted: Apr 1, 2011 11:06pm
One more question on the topic-

Does anyone know where I can find some video of Vito performing his manipulation act with the Smoke in Glass? I saw him do it live at Abbott's years ago and it was wonderful! I would love to see footage of that again!

Thanks,

~C~
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-04-01 23:06, magicurt wrote:
One more question on the topic-

Does anyone know where I can find some video of Vito performing his manipulation act with the Smoke in Glass? I saw him do it live at Abbott's years ago and it was wonderful! I would love to see footage of that again!

Thanks,

~C~

Vito Lupo does not permit this.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Ah, well no wonder I can not find anything. I guess I must appreciate the memory of seeing him live a little more.

~C~
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I do have a vidéo of Vito Lupo's Smoke and Bubble Act that he presented on the french TV a few years ago, but it's on VHS and I won't be able to put it online.

Sorry.

Oliver.
magicurt
View Profile
Loyal user
alabama
222 Posts

Profile of magicurt
Thanks Anyways Oliver.

~C~
Tally
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Tally
Hi there

I have also Vito Lupo smoke in glas and my liquid is empty I don't know what I can buy this liquid again.
I live in sweden and I don't know what to do. I hope someone have some information to me.

Best Regards
//Tally
LFoxx
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of LFoxx
Try using model train smoke.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Where are these glasses sold?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-04-25 21:53, Nick W wrote:
Where are these glasses sold?

Vito Lupo sold them at his lectures, he has been out of them for years. If you can find them on the second hand market, that is the only way to obtain them.

There ia another version available from Europe. It costs around $200. Then there is the Punk version.
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
Puck? Noone ever gave a review on his smoking thumb gimiks...maybe they didn't want to...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Does Vito Lupo has a website?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 14:00, dove-boy wrote:
Does Vito Lupo has a website?

Not to my knowledge.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2011, magicurt wrote:

Here it is:

https://youtu.be/k4S7uqllvI8?t=4m4s

(unfortunately the camera operator goes in for a close-up at exactly the wrong time which exposes something if you know what you're looking at ... didn't effect what the live audience saw so their reaction is very good , but the astute television viewer might have seen something that doesn't look quite right ) .

Here's another clip of Vito Lupo performing this effect:

https://youtu.be/BTnHsqs3l5Y?t=4m52s

David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, David Todd wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 1, 2011, magicurt wrote:

Here it is:

https://youtu.be/BTnHsqs3l5Y?t=4m52s

An important detail: Notice that Vito uses a similar wine glass earlier in his act for the Egg trick , which is handled very openly as an ordinary glass ... then later when he brings out the 'Smoke Glass' prop (which looks exactly like the same kind of wine glass) from his table, the audience has already been set up to accept the glass as "just a glass". Some may even think it's the same glass , because they've probably forgotten by that time that he had broken an egg into the glass earlier on.

I do the same if I ever use a gimmicked glass ... I'll have a duplicate un-gimmicked glass that I use at some point for a different purpose , but it's handled so casually and easily that when the gimmicked glass is used later on many will unconsciously just assume it's the same glass as before. For example, if you were going to use a b _ _ _ _mless gl _ _ s or a m _ _ _ or gl _ _ s , have an ordinary duplicate of the glass that you used earlier or later in the act .

A small thing , but it's a convincing touch. Maybe I'm just belaboring the obvious ...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Vito Lupo only made his products way back when, if I remember correctly back in the early 1990's. He sold out going around to magic conventions preforming and sold several of is tricks at the dealers rooms. I checked with him several years later when I seen him at Abbott's GTG, and he said he has none left, and would not be making them. I did get his card and email address. I believe I posted it on one of the posts here about contacting him.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jul 10, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Vito Lupo only made his products way back when, if I remember correctly back in the early 1990's. He sold out going around to magic conventions preforming and sold several of is tricks at the dealers rooms. I checked with him several years later when I seen him at Abbott's GTG, and he said he has none left, and would not be making them. I did get his card and email address. I believe I posted it on one of the posts here about contacting him.

Yes, it's true that Vito Lupo has not made his Smoke Glass for many years and they are rare to find used and in working condition. (mine still works !).

I posted the links to the video of Vito performing with his Smoke Glass because someone had asked previously and at that time the clips of Vito Lupo performing weren't on YouTube , but now they are.

My point still stands about introducing a duplicate ungimmicked glass at some point prior or after to using any sort of gimmicked glass (including a Smoke Glass) to reinforce the idea that it's "just a glass" . The newer model Smoke Glass by Xavier Tapias is more compact and there's less for anyone to see , but I'd still want to have an ungimmicked duplicate of it.

http://www.xaviertapias.com/shop/es/ed-s......-ii.html

g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
The Xavier Tapias model is the best one that you can ever dream of...it is a beautiful piece of craftmanship and ingenious...and almost work like real magic. You have to try it...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Vito Lupo smoke in glass question (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL