The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Evening wear and a Splash Bottle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

VE Day
View Profile
New user
LONDON, England, UK
94 Posts

Profile of VE Day
Hello folks,
I am working on a Splash Bottle production for two stage shows I've got coming up. The magic is never as difficult as the seemingly impossible dilemma of what to wear.

For Stage Shows I prefer to wear a glamorous evening dress, not a business suit type skirt outfit. I was toying with the idea of maybe wearing an evening dress with a tailcoat over the top and then a sparkly scarf/sash around my waist, but I think that wouldn't hide the load very well as a tailcoat finishes at the waist, not lower. And also the tailcoat could not really be very figure hugging given the extra width needed for the Splash Bottle.

I plan to use a 750ml Champagne Bottle in the 2nd show and a bottle of Babycham in the 1st show (ie the same size as a champagne bottle).
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience of the best things for a slim glamorous girl to wear?
The glamourous look is an important part of my character and act.

Hope you can help please.

Thank you.
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
Dresses can have much more storing volume than any mens suit. Look for wedding gowns - they have a lot of volume. And they must not look oldfashioned if you see the designs from Vivienne Westwood. Wedding gowns often can be bought very cheap at second hand stores because brides usually want to buy their own new dress. In theatres those cheap wedding gowns are often used for period plays. The gowns are dyed in an old bath tube or (if the colour is suitable for this) in a washing machine. Very often the mixture of stainable and non-stainable threads gives an interesting pattern afterwards.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe the form fitting evening gown is a perfect dress for a magic act. It is all about style and flow of the material. Fabric can be folded over to create design and provide perfect load places for many items. As with men you may have to have a dress altered or made from scratch. For the bottle production, think dove production from newspaper with a long line.

Celeste Evans use to wear a form fitting glitter gown. She did dove magic and billiard balls. She at one point pulled a ball out of your cleavage, I remember because I was a youngster at the time I seen her in person.

http://www.celesteevansmagic.com/photos.htm
jacksonywe
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jacksonywe
I believe this pretty dress is good,http://www.dressfirst.com/A-Line-Princes......78-g9178
beautiful???
I bought it just a few days ago.
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
VE,

What are the dimensions of the bottles?

I have a dress that may be exactly what you are looking for. It took years, not weeks or months, to refine. I designed it with the tricks we use to make illusions seem innocent in mind. It is a professionally made, serious piece of glamorous and functional wardrobe. If you will PM your e-mail address to me, I’ll send photos and measurements.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Paulapaul,VE's OP was April/02/2011 9:33 am...She,may have found a dress by now! Just saying... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Oh. Duh. Thanks. Didn't notice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Evening wear and a Splash Bottle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL