The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Flea Circus (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but does anyone have information on building a flea circus? I have seen the book at magic inc, but have not bought it yet. Any thoughts on this subject would be welcomed.

Rest
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Abbott's is where you should check. There is a new pop-up book out there that has a flea circus to perform in it (the book does all the work for you) and there is a very talented mentalist in Germany named Ralf Froelich that has the best flea circus I have seen in a veeeery long time.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
restlessplots
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of restlessplots
Thank you both for your input, I know about both of these, although Ralf Froelich is new to me, does he have a web site? I guess I will have to surf the web and see what I come up with.

Thank you,

Rest
docdazzal
View Profile
Veteran user
San Tan Valley, AZ
360 Posts

Profile of docdazzal
Hi Rest...

Doc Dazzal here...trained flea meister extrodinare! Check out my web site at: http://www.docdazzal.com for exclusive trained flea info...continued success!

Best Regards,
Doc Dazzal
Dr. Dan
Magical Mentalism & Revealing Readings With Dr. Dan
www.drdanandco.com
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Magic, Inc., Chicago. Tom Palmer's Flea Act book - I believe they still have a few copies.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Anabelle
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Anabelle
I think a flea circus would be so cute, I'd love to see one somewhere.

Anabelle Smile
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Tilford magic is marketing an electronic version. Sounds good, but rather expensive (6500$)
ventman
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of ventman
Yes, that's my child. 6 months to build - 2 years to work out any "bugs" pardon the pun! I also lost a thumbnail in the process-and nearly my thumb.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Sounds good ventman - I love this kind of stuff, even if I'm afraid it wouldn't really fit in my mental show!
max21
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of max21
Does somebody can tell me the difference beetween the flea circus sold by Stevens Magic Emporium at 2750 $ and the one sold by Tilford which look exactly the same but is much more expensive.
robb_randall
View Profile
New user
surprise, arizona
23 Posts

Profile of robb_randall
I am totally "itching" to have a flea circus...

Um...nevermind...
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Is there anywhere online to see a Flea Circus video?....Either one from years ago or a modern one.

I saw one litte video online but the quality was horrible and I have a cable modem and new computer.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
The problem with almost all the flea circuses I have ever seen is that the performers make the props do all the work. My friend Johnny Meah used to do a flea routine in circuses. He made it play well by giving the flea a personality. He looked upon it as a vent act without the dummy. He would talk to the flea, then listen for the answer and tell the audience what the flea said. This way the act played well for a thousand people. The only trick he did was have the flea jump back into the small paper bag that Johnny kept him in. Johnny used the old finger snap bit with the bag. It would surprise the audience and make them laugh. So if you are going to build a flea circus, don't just give the fleas funny names, make them truly come alive.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
The first one I saw was at Huber's Museum on 42nd St (NY) in 1949... I loved it!
Slim
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Slim,
I just came across a number for Roy Heckler's son. I will be giving him a call and let everyone know about this if there is anything to tell.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On 2003-09-15 06:25, highmagic wrote:
Sounds good ventman - I love this kind of stuff, even if I'm afraid it wouldn't really fit in my mental show!

Have you ever thought about a flea circus mind reading act?
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Todd...would be interested in the results of the Heckler call as well. Would be interested in his feeding schedule etc. on his arm. (uh).

(Can just visualize Meah doing that pantomime bit...hahaha...with that BIG deliberate great voice of his.)

Fortunate to have seen the Heckler show many times.

I use to talk with Andy Kaufman about it on the phone. It was one of his favorite spots to hang. Me too.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
omnibozo
View Profile
Regular user
Boulder, CO
151 Posts

Profile of omnibozo
I have been gathering the materials to build my first flea circus and have purchased nearly every book I could find through extensive physical store and e-searches. I would LOVE to hear some words of wisdom from Mr. Heckler... and Mr. Robbins has set my mind a-cranking, too. Thanks.
Omnibozo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Flea Circus (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL