The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HOT & COLD DVD by Nefesch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
My review from http://www.amirasideas.com

Review: HOT & COLD DVD by Nefesch

Nefesch was one of my first friends since I got into Mentalism. From that moment I knew that this guy is what a lot of persons call "Out of the Box Thinker".

I received this DVD as a free gift because I bought his latest DVD "LIFT" . So here we have a new review for
"HOT and COLD".

Price: US39 with free worldwide shipping at http://www.nefesch.com/performers.html

Original description:

New from one of the most influential magicians and mentalists of modern times, HOT & COLD is an invaluable technique that, once mastered, can be used to enhance any magic or mentalist routine and win any bet! Nefesch and Wizard FX Productions present HOT & COLD.

HOT (Heads Or Tails)

Step 1: Ask your spectator for a coin.
Step 2: Ask them to flip it in the air and catch it in their hands.
Step 3: Without ever looking at the coin yourself, you accurately predict heads or tails!

This amazing three step routine is extremely practical and easy to do. There are no 'tracking' techniques, it uses the spectator's coin, it all happens in their hands and it can even be performed with your back turned. It's HOT!

Bonus Material:

1. Performing flipping a coin on a table.
2. Performing with two coins at once.

COLD (Control Over Long Distance)

COLD allows you to control the heads or tails outcome of any coin. You toss the coin, your spectator catches it and you accurately predict the outcome every time.

Add this effect to your performance repertoire or even use it to win bets! After all, "the best way to predict the future is by creating it."

Bonus material:

1. Control the result of a free spinning coin on a table or any other surface.

My opinions:

As you know, Nefesch is my friend but this factor will not be factor for a hype review.

In one phrase I really love this DVD. This DVD apparently teaches you 2 effect with a coin, but is way more than that.

I love to see new ideas that falls in the category that I call "Anywhere Mentalism", mentalism effects that you can perform with borrowed items and without any advance preparation .

HOT

The first effect , H.O.T. ( Heads or Tails) is also available in his book/eBook "Right Now". Is basically a 3 phase effects in which each phase has a different method to know in advance the result of tossed coin.

Is a really great effect that showcases the brilliant thinking of Nefesch. The first phase uses pure psychology to create a startling revelation.

The second phase is a very nice sleight of hand way to show the coin as you want to , and the third phase is an another way to know the result of the tossed even when the participant puts his coin in his pocket.

Only the first and second phases enter in the category of "Anywhere Mentalism" because in the third phase you need a something extra that maybe you are using already in your normal life. Personally I don't use it regularly so I modified a little bit the structure of the HOT routine. Nonetheless is an awesome 3 phase demonstration of mindreading with nothing more in view that a borrowed coin.

The performance section is great in which you can see how this effect plays in some random greek´s participant ( I recognize some of the streets). Just the female participant that Nefesch use in the performance worth the entire price of the DVD Smile.

Nefesch performing is like watching a young Kreskin. He is very active and very animated. I like his performance style.

You got a bonus effect as well in which you can use the principle for the third phase of the effect for 2 coins. Very smart idea.

COLD

The second effect C.O.L.D. ( Control Over Long Distance) is basically a technique for creating a very convincing illusion of a freely tossed coin, in which you know in advance will be the result. I know that his plot is old for magic and even in the context of bets , but Nefesch teaches very well the basic "physics" of this idea and why it works and teaches the basic and advance handling of COLD. I can use the basic technique now but don't the advance. The advance handling IS very convincing (and harder ), but I will take the effort to play with that.

This effect only requires a borrowed coin and maybe pen and paper if you want to write a prediction.

This IS my favorite effect in the DVD .

The 2 bonus effect are also incredible strategies. In the first one you will learn how to throw a coin in the table in such a way that you WILL create the result that you want to. Is really amazing and it WORKS.

The second bonus effect is also great. Basically a PARTICIPANT throw in a table ANY coin without preparation at all, and with your head turn away you can read the participants mind and know exacly how it land. GREAT idea Nefesch.

So you get 3 full routines( HOT , COLD for mindreading and prediction) plus 3 bonus ideas .

Rate: 9,3/10
All this ideas will go directly to my with my "Anywhere Mentalism" repertoire and with "Perfect Coin Maybe" from Mysteries Anywhere , that also use only 1 coin to create a weird suggestion and mindreading effect.

An amazing DVD that has some weird and funny things in edition issues, but honestly I don't care.

The effects are great and I'm very thankful to Nefesch for his creativity for this art.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
I know this is a rather old topic, but I just wanted to add that this is a truely quality and great product all around! You really shouldn't pass up this great work, especially when you take into account the very reasonable price and ammount of material. HOT is something I will probably be performing in my open mic competition next month, once again I am a little biased because I am a hug fan of almost all of Nefesch's work but if it was crap I would say trust me. Another rather late congrats to Nefesch for releasing something incredible to our humble community!

-Jake
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
The methods explained are good for improptu situations.
I like nefesch ideas in theory but when applied to real scenario show their limits.
good dvd with nice ideas however.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » HOT & COLD DVD by Nefesch (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL