The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Watcher by Mickael Châtelain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Razamabaz
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Razamabaz
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 11:28, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is? This can be easily done with a marked or stacked deck. Such a simple effect that I can't imagine doing this by any complicated gimmick will be worth my while. Maybe the gimmick can be put to better use. Can you use it to see anything that is put into the box?

Not if the blurb below is true.

Here's a sample presentation:
Hand your deck to a spectator. Invite him to examine and shuffle it while your back is turned. The spectator follows your instructions and freely chooses and notes a card. He then puts his card in the card case and closes it.
So no one besides the spectator knows the value of the card locked away in the case.
You turn back towards the spectator and explain that you have the memory of an elephant. You take back the pack of the 51 remaining cards, which you quickly look over. You think for a few seconds, and then announce that the one card missing is the queen of spades.
Ask the spectator to open the case and take out the card he had hidden away there. It's the queen of spades! Incredible!
How the devil have you been able to memorize the entire deck in just a few seconds and figure out the only missing card? Your spectators will be mulling this one over for a long time!
Bernardo Rodriguez
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of Bernardo Rodriguez
Yeah this has to be some very fancy gimmick... It's what he does haha. I think it will be well thought out at the very least.
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of jimesw
Quote:
On 2012-11-20 10:40, Razamabaz wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-07 11:28, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is? This can be easily done with a marked or stacked deck. Such a simple effect that I can't imagine doing this by any complicated gimmick will be worth my while. Maybe the gimmick can be put to better use. Can you use it to see anything that is put into the box?

Not if the blurb below is true.

Here's a sample presentation:
Hand your deck to a spectator. Invite him to examine and shuffle it while your back is turned. The spectator follows your instructions and freely chooses and notes a card. He then puts his card in the card case and closes it.
So no one besides the spectator knows the value of the card locked away in the case.
You turn back towards the spectator and explain that you have the memory of an elephant. You take back the pack of the 51 remaining cards, which you quickly look over. You think for a few seconds, and then announce that the one card missing is the queen of spades.
Ask the spectator to open the case and take out the card he had hidden away there. It's the queen of spades! Incredible!
How the devil have you been able to memorize the entire deck in just a few seconds and figure out the only missing card? Your spectators will be mulling this one over for a long time!

The magician has to touch the card box before they look through all 51 remaining cards to deduce the missing card. I think should be included in the description.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
He has a new trick Cello http://www.gimickmagic.com/page_cello_francias.html
I don't knwo why, just in french for now...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Watcher by Mickael Châtelain (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL