We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from New Member (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dazzling Derek
View Profile
New user
Fall River, MA
11 Posts

Profile of Dazzling Derek
Hello All,
Just wanted to intruduce myself. My name is Derek, I am 39years old, and live in MA. I run a business called Funny Face Paintings where I perform Face Painting, Magic and Balloon twisiting. I perform throughout southeastern MA and all of RI.
I came across this website quite a few times while searching for advise on various topics and figured that its time for me to finally join. Thanks to all of you for helping to keep magic professional.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Dazzling Derek,

Adding Magic and Balloon Twisting to the Face Painting line must make it more interesting for the kids (and you).

-Mary Mowder
Fez
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Fez
Welcome to the Café Dazzling Derek!

I hope you have a fun stay here! I am new here as well and I'm learning a lot!

-Fez
Dazzling Derek
View Profile
New user
Fall River, MA
11 Posts

Thanks!!
Yes doing face painting definitely can be interesting but also overwhelming if its a large group.
I try to limit the performances to Magic OR Face Painting and up sell a balloon twisting performance at the end. If the clients have enough time and the group is not that large (15 max) I can do a shorter version of the magic act as well. It all depends on what they want!
rsylvester
View Profile
Loyal user
Trying to learn to BP a duck in
269 Posts

Profile of rsylvester
Wow that does sound like a busy day. I'm sure you'll have a lot of interesting perspectives to add.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3894 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Welcome, Derek.

Always nice to have a triple threat on board!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Dazzling Derek
View Profile
New user
Fall River, MA
11 Posts

I'm actually hopping to shy away from the face painting, or have an assistant do it all so that I can concentrate on the performance art. Its more rewarding to me rather than just sitting there painting. Sure I interact with the children (and adults) but it's very limiting.
outsider-80
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of outsider-80
You'll enjoy it here. Almost everyone is very helpful and friendly!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from New Member (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL