The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted Key Set/Package (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I'm a baaaaaad boy. The set was absolutely awesome and I will throw my 2 cents in about it later. Being the crafty type I wanted to make the key even more awesome by darkening it more with gun blue. It wasn't working so I decided to etch the metal up with a wire brush. 4 quick swipes and the beautiful aging flakes off from one side and I am staring at shiny chrome. I immediately stopped what I was doing. I had no idea the aging was a coating, Paul had done such a good job at making it look real. Now I am faced with the chore of aging the key myself. (I shouldn't say chore .. I love crafting things and now I have no excuse not to) I am going to use the process I found on this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=26&17 So now it may be a couple of weeks before I can break this out and use it but honestly I needed to spend that and more to get some patter down and practice.

By the way ... the box is absolutely creepy.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Yeah. The box looks like it was made in haste so the dastardly key was finally contained, and unable to move. A box made by a man gone insane perhaps...oh the stories we can tell.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2011-04-24 13:07, RCP wrote:
Paul has produced a wonderful product and threw in a couple of extra items for the price he first mentioned for the key alone. He is a pleasure to deal with and I expect we will see much more from him. I like the idea of a leather wrap and will begin one next week. A quick and easy upgrade is to copy the cloth onto parchment paper and add some extras.

Highly recommend!

I like your idea of using parchment paper! I think there is a rather thick and heavy paper that would be just perfect.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
I haven't updated my website yet, but if folks were waiting to order until I had sets in stock, I now have them in so they will ship immediately upon payment.

I really want to give a sincere thanks again, for those who purchased a set. I also really appreciate those who took the time to give feedback about the props. Thanks again.

Paul
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
The Secret Key is another GREAT product from Paul Prater.
I just returned from a trip to find my haunted key waiting and I am very impressed once again by the production values of the entire product.
Paul prints some of the prettiest bizarre instruction booklets I have ever seen.
This item is a real honest treat for any beginner, Old timer or collector of haunted keys.
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Profile of EddiefromEugene
Can't wait for mine!
vanitywilde
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of vanitywilde
Paul,

It looks great.

Can a person who has always been a bit of a Haunted Key dummy (me) when they have tired the effect in the past be successful?

Vanity Wilde
maps
View Profile
Inner circle
1124 Posts

Profile of maps
I am still waiting for mine.I wonder if anyone wears the key around the neck?
the heart is where the magic begins
Visit my website
[www.mascotsandpuppets.com]
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Frankie,

Yours shipped last week. It just takes a while to get to Singapore. Let me know if there are any issues.

Vanity,

I believe that you will be able to work with the key. It just takes a little practice. This one is fairly well balanced and it shouldn't take long to get the hang of it. If you need anything more, please let me know.

Paul
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Got mine! The key and script look amazing! you can tell how much time was put into them. I want to get to it now but I'm working on some other stuff. After seeing how much thought Paul put into it, I want to give it the time and attention it deserves...
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Got mine the other day. Echoing others, this is just a great package altogether. Very nice choice of key to include with this. I've had problems with some and this has great balance and isn't too small.
EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

Beautiful craftsmanship!!

EddiefromEugene
View Profile
New user
Eugene, Oregon
83 Posts

And no it's not real!
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Just a note to say that a shipment of these and Witches of Glastonbury were delivered to me by my bemused postman.
This means that if you live in Europe, you can get hold of one of these beautiful objects next day post.

I am 'over the Moon' about working with Paul, the standard of production is exceptional. Watch out in October!

...and remember, if you are in Europe you now have no excuse!
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Hey all,

I want to start by thanking everyone again for the honest feedback and support.

For those that own the Secret Key set, I have made a few pendulum charts. These are just the pendulum charts and they are printed on a tough, handmade, fiber based paper that looks great. It looks a lot like parchment but without the crippling price of the real thing. Because the paper is handmade, it is not consistent and therefore, accepts ink differently. As such, each of these charts is different as you can see in the photos. These are the same size as the original and printed from the same block.

I have a very limited number of these and I am willing to sell them to current owners for $8.50. This include shipping in the US. For my foreign friends, shipping should still be very cheap (around the cost of a letter.)

I am not adding this to the website since it is just a limited number. Also, this is limited to those who already own the set. If you are interested, then please email me at paul@paulprater.com. I will post up when I run out.

Thanks again!

Click here to view attached image.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3076 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
This is a painfully low price!

Over the Internet, it's hard to see that these aren't just mass-produced, computer-printed objects. So let me emphasize: these pendulum charts are limited-edition pieces of handmade art. Paul actually carves -- yes, carves -- his own printing blocks for this, which he personally inks and presses into handmade paper to create these charts, one at a time. I can't believe he's giving them away like this!

If you value handcrafted bizarre items, you'll snatch them up without a second thought.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!), Cut & Color, Hands-Off Multiple ESP (HOME) System, Rider-Waite Readers book, Zoom Pendulum ebook ...
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Anyone still using TSK. It is really great.

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Thanks for refreshing this thread back in February, otherwise I probably wouldn't have found it. I just took a wander through Mr. Prater's store and goodness, gracious what a treasure trove that appears to be.

For those of you who have bought The Secret Key. I don't doubt the quality of the props, but how well do the routines hold together and play?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted Key Set/Package (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL