The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo's Most Ingenius Effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
Maybe you should sent them a link Stereo I'm guessing they would be interested... I may provide them some sort of inspiration for future effects judging from what you rate and why so they can match the criteria and possibly challenge their abilities to create something special...
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2011-04-12 09:24, anthony-in-japan wrote:
Maybe its just me...but confined cubes is wonderful in my opinion.

I have another reason for liking this trick

I had a problem when one of the cubes became discoloured, making the trick impossible to perform. 1 email to tenyo, and 3 days later a new cube arrives in the post. Suddenly after 1 year of not being able to perform this trick, I could use it again. Like discovering it from new again.

Tenyo have excellent customer service.

Great! I also love Confined Cubes however because I'm not a real magician I have trouble in one phase of the routine, you know what I mean I'm sure Smile

I doubt the customer service is the same if you don't live in Japan. I think you live in Japan, yes?
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3896 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
No question: Diabolicus.

For kids shows I really use What's Next a lot...as a quickie.
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
towledge
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of towledge
Eye of the Idol. Colorful, theme oriented and mysterious.
anthony-in-japan
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of anthony-in-japan
Killertweety

Indeed, but all the customer support was in English.

If you have trouble with "that" part of the trick, why not try the "advanced" version. It is a little harder additionally, but it eliminates that problem you allude to.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2011-04-12 21:48, towledge wrote:
Eye of the Idol. Colorful, theme oriented and mysterious.

I have to agree, this is one of the coolest tricks I have seen. Very deceptive and puzzling. Furthermore, the theme and mystery truly do add to the ambiance.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Good idea Anthony, I will give it a try.

Eye Of The Idol (Tenyo I think misspelled it on their site - 'Idle') is a very nice trick indeed. You only have to watch the statue doesn't move 'by accident' ... .
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5345 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Prison Box and Crystal Cleaver for me.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
How could I/we forget Crystal Cleaver! Perhaps it is because it is so widely available (also copies) that we forgot that it was Tenyo that invented this fantastic mechanism in a miniature version Smile
Prison Box is a gem too, though I wish 'some parts' of the trick were more 'stiff' and less 'flexible' so people wouldn't figure the secret out sometimes. You guys know what I mean I hope? Smile
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
What about xray files
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Well Stuart I have this trick and actually almost never perform it ... . The secret is quite ingenious but there are better tricks on the market that have the same outcome (knowing what someone's card is) and are better. It is just so 'strange' to put your chosen card into this cardboard weird looking 'thing' ... .
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
True but if you can build it into a routine it can work wonders and never be suspected... I also have a personal favourite in Fortune Sticks,
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1919 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I tried editing my post which was not possible anymore grrrrrrr Smile
I wanted to add it is very nice to have the card placed in the envelope facing AWAY from you ... this enhances the effect a lot Smile Then again, the tricks does require 'enough light' if you know what I mean.

So indeed, I could be wrong; I can not give it an objective review afterall because I almost never performed it!

Anny suggestions about a routine Stuart?

Fortune Sticks is great but hard to do with difficult lightning conditions. I also have the 'pro'-version but it has the same problem.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Tenyo Elite looks to be an adventure definitely dead. Smile
I hope one day they will explain how was their partnership with Tenyo, why they chose these trick ( moonspinner et fortune sticks) rather than probably other most vendor. Smile
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Fortune sticks is one that I do pretty often. You can repeat it again and again and spectators never guess it. The only problem I have with it is that the symbols start rubbing out after using it a couple of times. I would love to get the Elite version one of these days.

I never liked X-Ray File. To me the back of the file is way too suspicious looking and is just begging to be examined.
stuartle
View Profile
Regular user
* UK *
142 Posts

Profile of stuartle
Its down to personal preference as with everthing in life... Im sure we'll all like effects others wont...
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3474 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Stereo:

I think this has been pretty well covered both in their posts, their website and in magazine coverage. Not sure if there is much more they can say. They have indicated that sales on the intial units were below expectation. No doubt a number of contributing factors including price, economy and selection of effects. They took a big risk on this project and hopefully at some point they will be able to continue. I have met two of the partners and they are great guys that love Tenyo as well.

There has been considerable chatter on what the effects should have been. Ultimately in consultation with Tenyo they choose two easier to produce effects to test the waters. I know we would love to see Diabolicus (which Tenyo has said even they cannot source the special t*&e), Crystal Cleaver, etc. The reality is that in the short term I expect there is little appetite to take on the large upfront tooling costs for these more intricate effects.

Perhaps if we all agreed on one effect and were willing to commit upfront, it could help sway them, howver I think the chances of that are relatively slim.

John

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Thank you so much for the informations JM. As I am French and not very knowledgeable in the world of magic, I did not have access to this information. Thank you to explain me.
Indeed the debate on the choice of magic is endless. There were several effects that require only little means or material who surely would have had more success ( like sandwich platter, ultra tube, Match sticks Squeeze play or mobile illusion). It's a sad that such a lovely idea did not get the expected support of a fan of magic. Smile Besides, I had proposed their showcase their tricks on my blog but they have not taken the time to take a photo in the style of the blog or even send me a copy of each one tricks. May be that it was already too late in their head. I realize that my blog still unconsciously affect the market and at their place I would not hesitate a second to try to be highlighted above.
In any case I tell them congratulations for their courage.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3474 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I am suprised Stereo that tney have not sent you what you needed to include their items on your site.

John
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Yes they send me nothing, just ugly basic promo photo, Finally I managed all alone in searching the internet to find pictures more presentable and to find a review on the magic café forum. Anyway I have not made ​​the effort to showcase their products and make a special post in first page saw the little interest they have shown in my proposal to help us. Too bad for them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo's Most Ingenius Effects (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL