We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Balloon by Tony Clark ... a wonderful piece of magic! (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1193 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
I can't get my helium tank to pack flat...but the routine is fantastic!

Cody
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
Isaiah
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Isaiah
LOL, ok minus the helium tank. At least you can keep that in your car/van. Nice Cody
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Ace Hardware has a tank called "The Helium Balloon Kit". http://www.acetogo.com/product/helium-balloon-kit-50ct.html I saw this a few days ago then got the ad for the Gypsy Balloon from Denny and Lee's. I thought this would work great together. According to the instructions, the balloons are easy to inflate. Definitely will get both next week.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
23046 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I am concerned of all the people who think that it is a good idea to have the helium tank left in the trunk of a car or in a closed truck or van. This I worry, is not a good idea.

Safety warning:

All helium tank cylinders need to be secured. Helium is a non-toxic, non-flammable gas, however it is dangerous to breathe in the gas from the cylinder, or even from an inflated balloon. We recommend that you transport the helium tank cylinder in the trunk of your car. If you must transport it in the passenger compartment, make sure it is secured and you have at least one window open at all times. Do not store tanks filled with helium near an open flame or in direct sunlight. Do not store in an area where the temperature may exceed 120 degrees.
Close helium tank valve tightly after each use.

We all know if it is 100 degrees outside, a closed vehicle will well exceed 120 degrees.

Be safe my friends!
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
A simple solution might be to travel with the tank in your trunk and then move the tank inside it is hot out that day.

As for the product itself. This idea is brilliant and very well done Tony!
GrassosMagicTheatre
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of GrassosMagicTheatre
I just bought the DVD. Great effect! However, the string that came with it is still pretty hard to break (cut my finger). Anyone else have a better resource for the thread?
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1354 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Can the balloon be handed out immediately or is there "Clean up"?
Official Thread Killer
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
787 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
Seems like this should have been a magazine article and not a dvd for sale.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1016 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Stucky,

You can hand out the balloon immediately. No clean up.

John
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4360 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Dustman drives a pinto. So I see no problem keeping it in his trunk.
HusssKarson
View Profile
Loyal user
Ca, US
265 Posts

Profile of HusssKarson
Never the less it's a clever and beautiful application.
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17273 Posts

Profile of joseph
I think it's a real gas..
String is included, but no balloons...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6233 Posts

Profile of RNK
After buying this- I purchased my helium tank at the local Party Supply store and was doing this right away. This is a very easy routine to accomplish. Though it is easy- it is a fantastic piece of magic. The DVD instructions are very nice- short and sweet- to the point. What I really like about this besides being so easy to do is that you can present it different ways- i.e. serious or comedy etc. I found more string at the local Joann Fabrics. You should be able to find extra string easily. Can't wait to perform this at next gig Friday!

RNK
Magicsharpie1
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Magicsharpie1
I love this effect but I'm having a hard time breaking the thread that is supplied with the dvd. and when I do break it, my hands end up with a slight rope burn. This effect is very smooth in terms of rhythm, and I don't want to break that look by fumbling or having a hard time trying to break threads.

I will check out the thread suggested by gospel dan, but in the mean time, Does anyone have any other brands of thread they can suggest?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6233 Posts

Profile of RNK
Goto a fabric store and ask for super fine yarn. I think the measurement are 2.75 mm thick- works great.

RNK
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
870 Posts

Profile of gitty
I received it!
A wonderful piece of magic ... and much easier then I thought!
WALTHER
Magikbob
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Magikbob
I used it for the first time in a performance today and it was terrific. The fact that the rope is a bit difficult to break worked to my advantage. My grimace and body language emphasized that the rope was real and not gimmicked. People came up afterwards to inspect the balloon and string after the performance when they thought I wasn't looking and their expressions were priceless.

Thanks Tony!
toberman
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of toberman
I ordered it from the above link and received mine today. This thread is perfect!
Magician Johnny
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Magician Johnny
When I have bought tnr flash thread by henry evans I could not believe how much I could like any other version of the gypsy thread effect. This is terrific and I am sure it has amazing expressions.
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1016 Posts

Profile of John Martin
I believe this basting thread is TOO thin to look like strings attached to balloons. Also from a distance (stage) it may not be as thick as you might like it to be. Tony's string, agreed is not manufactured just for this trick, has the perfect look and thickness for what balloons at fairs, circuses etc. look like. Furthermore, 800 yards @ $29.95 is enough for 240 performances OR 12 cents each show. Hardly breaking the bank. I would be far more interested in finding cheaper helium. A $50 tank is good for 50 balloons or $1 per performance.

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Gypsy Balloon by Tony Clark ... a wonderful piece of magic! (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL