We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying pipes.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I've been playing around doing some manipulation with a pipe and it's got me thinking about a new routine.
Are there any books with info specific to pipes? Are gimmicks around and if so who makes them to a decent standard?
Thanks,
Neal
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
There used to be multiplying pipes on the market.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
There is currently a set on Ebay.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21862 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
There is a routine in Abbott's Tops Treasury of Cigarette Magic, it is a collected works from the Tops Magazine. This uses ordinary corn cob pipes but regular pipes will work as well.
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Tops-Treasury......oryId=-1

The only Multiplying Pipes made have all come from India since the late 1970's or early 1980's. This is the mechanical set of 4.

Then Tony Torino pubished a tabacco transposition effect of the pipe tabacco to a pipe in his book "Dovetail Deceptions".
http://www.abbottmagic.com/searchquick-s......dovetail
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Check David Nagy Molnar act. He won 3rd place on a FISM with it. His set of pipes was not made in India. A friend of mine makes great sets with so small hinges you can put a pipe in your mouth. I am sure there was an issue of Magigram that explained how to manipulate pipes and matchboxes and I still have it somewhere but can`t remember what year it was. Jan Crosby also had a very good pipe routine that he used in 70ies. He produced single pipes. There is a visual pipe to silk in Berg`s book.

regards,
Bojan
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Thank-you for the suggestions gents.
I have somewhere to start in my research now. It's good to avoid re-inventing the wheel...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11157 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2011-04-06 14:02, wmhegbli wrote:

Then Tony Torino pubished a tabacco transposition effect of the pipe tabacco to a pipe in his book "Dovetail Deceptions".

Isn't this book one of the best hidden secrets in magic? Great info there.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21862 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The book actually discribes Tony Torino who is aka Tony Kardyro nite club act he use to perform. Lance Burton used his dove production from silk streamers in his award winning IBM Gold Medal act that got him on his way to stardom. I was lucky enough to see Tony's movements for this effect, it is discribed in the book less flamboyant then how he actally performed the movements. It is one of my favorite books. All of Tony's material is excellent. Much of his close up can be purchased from Abbott's Magic. They also sell his Zipper dove bag, that is discribed in his book.

bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
I forgot to mention Jan Forster from Switzerland, he had some very good ideas with pipes.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1429 Posts

Profile of JNeal
We are lucky to have bojanbarisic who ALWAYS comes up with pertinent suggestions and great information!

Ditto for WmHegbil!

Regards-
JNeal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
deanbarlow
View Profile
Loyal user
266 Posts

Profile of deanbarlow
Hi Guys,
I am thinking of including some pipe manipulation in my act does anybody have any further information on this subject apart from the above comments?
Thanks in advance,
Dean
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21862 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Nope, that is all there is on pipe manipulation.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Multiplying pipes.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL