The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
So a month ago, I ordered Cereal Killer from Penguin Magic...because it looked like it might be a giggle or two in my show. The night before last, I also ordered White Star...also from Penguin. I included a note saying I hadn't gotten Cereal Killer.

The next day I heard from Danny...and he said they had no record of my order and he asked for all the details. So I mutter and grumble and get the PayPal transaction number etc and my finger is poised over the "send email" button when I decide to call them. After all...someone ought to know of my intense disgruntlement, right?

I get Desirae on the line and she takes the information and puts me on hold.

Minutes pass. (And yes...I am just cheap enough to grumble even more because I shrewdly note these are LONG DISTANCE minutes.) So I hang up.

My finger is hovering over the Send Blistering eMail button when my phone rings.

It's Desirae telling me that she's sorry for having left me on hold for so long and that she'd like to get things sorted out. What can she do, she asks.

I tell her that I would appreciate it if they would send it a little faster since it was their error. She agrees. She apologizes and we part friends.

I am in Edmonton Canada. Penguin is in California.

THE NEXT DAY the package arrives. Not only do I have Cereal Killer AND White Star...but they've added other props like Luke Jermay's book 3510, Deck One and some Magician's Wax. In the box is a written apology.

It probably cost them more to ship super express than I paid for the props.

I know that sometimes we rag on suppliers who don't live up to their end of the bargain...but how often do they get commended when they really work and invest themselves in cementing a relationship with a client?

I also know that I will very likely be looking at Penguin FIRST when I decide to order anything in the future.

Good work, folks. Thank you.

David

ALSO: White Star really REALLY rocks. Smile
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Fantastic way to resolve an issue and gain a customer for life. Some folks will never get that concept. It goes a long way.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I gotta tell ya, Penguin knows how to treat their customers! I had purchased an item from another online dealer, and one of the parts was lost and I just mentioned it here in the Café. Although it was my fault, and was willing to take the loss, Penguin contacted me and asked me for my mailing address. I was in Florida and they are in California. They replaced the entire effect, free of charge, and it arrived in TWO days! I was floored!! I hadn't even PURCHASED from them before! Needless to say, I have been a customer ever since! An amazing business, with an amazing business ETHIC! Smile

Doug
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Vouch for Penguin. Bought a prop and Mandolin Deck. The deck turned out to be a defect. I didn't even ask for replacement. Then Murphy e-mailed me and he apologized for such defect.

The next day I got an e-mail saying that there was a shipment for me. I live in Indonesia, Asia. They are in California, USA.

Shipment arrived 5 days later using FedEx! Geez, I was speechless Smile It's only a deck and I'm sure the shipping cost is a lot higher than the deck itself.

Pure great customer service.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
NurseRob
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
469 Posts

Profile of NurseRob
I figure for every one who posts a positive experience, there are many others who would wholeheartedly agree with the one, but never break their silence. I am breaking mine now to say I have spent hundreds and hundreds of my magic dollars at Penguin over the last 2 years, and never once had any problems, or any service less than excellent. Thanks for all the magic stuff, you over dressed little flightless bird of a magic store!
Ut imago est animi voltus sic indices oculi ~
The face is a picture of the mind as the eyes are its interpreter ~Cicero
Acar
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of Acar
David, Rizzo, Doug, Failed Magician and Rob,

It's really our pleasure. Thanks for all your support and letting us do what we do!

Acar
nicklakin
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nicklakin
So how do you like Cereal Killer?
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 10:34, nicklakin wrote:
So how do you like Cereal Killer?

As for myself Nick, I have it, and I LOVE it. Always get great reactions from it. If anyone is looking for a great comedy mentalism piece for their show, GET THIS NOW!

Some time ago you had mentioned a different version of this effect. Has that ever been released, and is it available for purchase?

Thanks,
Brian
nicklakin
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of nicklakin
It is only available through me at the moment. It costs more to produce so I have to negotiate price to my distributor before it can be released to the dealers. Email me if interested. nick@nicklakin.com. CK2 utilizes the same concept but updated design to double your hits.
mahucharn
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of mahucharn
Just so all of you know, Penguin Magic is running a Choose 5 Promotion (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1902). If you're looking to get some good items on the cheap, check it out. To be clear- I am not a Penguin employee, just had great experiences with them in the past.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3623 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Penguin really does offer great customer service and good prices as well.
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I had a really annoying experience a few years ago with Penguin, when checking on an order and was told it shipped, then on a second call by another that it hadn't, etc. etc. I got a call after a rather pointed email to discuss the issue. I vowed never to do business with them again. A few months ago I tried again, and have been nothing but pleased since. Don't know if this is standard, but I even received a link to a vid of the packaging of my products, a small order (2 items.) Useless, but quite a novel idea...I had to grin. I know a lot of beginners (youtubers) use the site, as evidenced by the very adolescent forums, but I will use Penguin when I can, and appreciate the step up from my previous experiences. Smile
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Yes, I have always been really happy with Penguin also. Not only that, most of the time their prices are the lowest and shipping is free on orders over $40 I think. The website is well designed and has lots of demo videos. So with that glowing and honest endorsement, I expect free stuff - you hear that Penguin? free stuff I tell you, and lots of it.
actorcoop
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of actorcoop
I must say- of all the magic dealers online, Penguin is tops.

If they have a product I'm looking for, YOU BET I will purchase it there. Their customer service is outstanding, and their inventory is expanse.

Between Penguin and Outlaw Effects, I have experienced some of the greatest customer service through ANY BUSINESS! I know some non-magic companies that could learn a thing or two from these wonderful magic and mentalism dealers....

Cheers,
Cooper
*I knew you were going to read this
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Penguin's one of the best, if not THE best online magic dealers. They are courteous, and go out of their way to help in every situation including the ordering process. They WANT your feedback if you get a trick from them that doesn't work out for you. And I've gotten free stuff from them too....I love the M&Ms they include with each shipment!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
TonyPorter
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of TonyPorter
I heartily agree with the praise everyone here has lauded upon Penguin. They are THE best, hands down, no question about it.
TheGreatNancini
View Profile
Veteran user
Ohio
373 Posts

Profile of TheGreatNancini
Just made my first purchase today from Penguin and I must say my first impression is very good. I really liked the online chat that allowed me to ask some simple shipping questions without having to pick up the phone and call. I am impressed so far. I have dealt with many magic dealers through the years and have many good experiences as well as a few bad ones.Looks like Penguin is gonna possibly become a new favorite. Smile
-- Nancilee N. Jones --
Website | Facebook | Twitter
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Penguin Magic is my first choice to order magic stuff online.
Great prices and fast shipping even overseas.
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Sooooo... Penguin is officially my favorite magic dealer now. Here's why: http://i.imgur.com/oF4Ut.jpg
Lundonia
View Profile
Veteran user
refuses to read more than
321 Posts

Profile of Lundonia
Quote:
On 2011-04-21 16:24, NurseRob wrote:
I figure for every one who posts a positive experience, there are many others who would wholeheartedly agree with the one, but never break their silence. I am breaking mine now to say I have spent hundreds and hundreds of my magic dollars at Penguin over the last 2 years, and never once had any problems, or any service less than excellent. Thanks for all the magic stuff, you over dressed little flightless bird of a magic store!

It could have been me writing this! Love Penguin! Thanks for all the great service over the years!
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity - and i'm not sure about the former" - Albert Einstein
www.jensmagi.se
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL