The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Waking Hypnosis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Yaniv Deautsch
View Profile
Special user
Israel
529 Posts

Profile of Yaniv Deautsch
Dpes anyone here know good sources for learning about the so called 'Waking Hypnosis' other then The New Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnotism by Ormond McGill?

Yaniv Deautsch
berseus
View Profile
New user
Sweden (live in London)
49 Posts

Profile of berseus
Is there a thorough discussion about 'Waking Hypnosis' in The New Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnotism?

/ Karl Berseus
"How often I found where I should be going only by setting out for somewhere else." - R. Buckminster Fuller
Allen Gittelson
View Profile
Regular user
San Francisco
145 Posts

Profile of Allen Gittelson
There is coverage of waking hypnosis in Ormond's The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism. I was re-reading it just last night after watching a stage hypnosis act.

I use elements of hypnosis in mentalism that I perform, though mine is not a hypnosis act. Ormond's book is a very thorough coverage of the subject, and you could find just about everything that I saw a working pro do last night in that book. Of course, the experience and performing insight will require work on the part of the performer.

There are also some great insights about hypnosis in "Trance-Formations" by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. I'm sure there are many other great sources as well, including works by Milton Erickson. Personal instruction will probably get you best results and most complete coverage.

In thoughts,
Allen
Stevosapprentice
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Stevosapprentice
Have you tried ormands book called the How to book of hypnotism? It is a great book and has a few chapters on walking hypnosis
The Bear
View Profile
New user
Essex, UK
71 Posts

Profile of The Bear
There are a couple of good chapters on waking hypnosis in the book "Hypnotherapy" by Dave Elman. This book was originally published in 1964 under the name "Findings in Hypnosis". Obviously, the book is not geared for performance work, though the author was a former stage hypnotist. But you may find something of interest in here.
There are two types of people in the world. Those that divide the world into two types of people, and those that don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Waking Hypnosis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL