The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Hiding the bolts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Hello everybody,

I'm looking forward to build my own stage table. I've got already a clear idea of how it should look like and how to build it. My challenge is, that I would like to be able to break the table apart for easier travelling.

And that's where your help is needed !

Could somebody help and tell me how to hide the bolts so the audience don't sees them, please ?

What kind of material is light and sturdy enough and easy to work with simple tools to build a table that won't be too heavy ?

What's your experience in this domain ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help and please feel free to pm, if needed. I'll put this post aswell in "The Workshop" section, since I don't know if this is the right place to post.

Oliver.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
You might be able to get away with simply painting the heads of the bolts to match your table color -- say a flat (matte) black. Better yet, just drape the table with fabric (attachable with velcro.)

See my posts about my current rolling table/case for ideas:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=34&24

Also...I'm considering building folding table out or peg-board material. If I do, I will drape the front and sides with fabric and cover the top with felt or a close-up pad material. I'm just starting to brainstorm about this, so more as it develops.

Keep us posted (with pics if possible) about your progress. Good luck!

-Daniel
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Thanks for your input Daniel. I'm going to read the link you gave me.

I'll keep you informed.

Oliver.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5737 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
What kind of stage table do you need? One with shelves? A stand with a prop box that has access from the top? A small side table? There are many possibilities.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Hiding the bolts (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL