We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Big Buckeye Hello from Columbus, Ohio! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris White
View Profile

Columbus, Ohio
0 Posts

Profile of Chris White
Hey, everybody! I'm Chris White from Columbus, Ohio. I haven't been a magician for very long (less than a year), but my interest goes back quite a bit farther. I always loved watching magic on television (wish there was more of it). David Copperfield's specials were a family event when I was growing up. NBC's "World's Greatest Magic" introduced me to Tom Mullica, Bill Malone, and many other fantastic entertainers. In school, magicians sometimes visited for assemblies.

So far, I'm mostly a cards and close-up guy, but lately I've been pushing myself into mentalism a bit more. Books, books, books... I can't stop buying books. It's an addiction. I started my collection with a complete set of Tarbell, Abbott, Bobo, Annemann, Corinda, Fulves...

I'm fortunate enough to live in a town with a thriving magic community and a brick-and-mortar magic shop (Be Amazing Magic Shop). If you're in town, you'll likely find me there very frequently multiple days per week. Right now, I'm meeting people, practicing, practicing, collecting, and practicing.

Anyway, I am looking forward to some engaging and insightful conversation and hope to see you all around!
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Welcome Chris. You will certainly find these forums to be very insightful as well as being very helpful in many areas of magic. Everyone here is friendly and willing to do what we can to help each other out. Welcome again to the friendliest Café in the world friend.

Always in magic

-Bobby Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Chris White,

I started with Close-Up and I think it is easier than the other way around. You learn to interact with people Up-Close before you move on. That really helps you connect with the crowd when you start with Stand-Up.

Congratulations on having a "Brick and Mortar" Magic Shop in your town, it's a big leg up for any Magician.

-Mary Mowder
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Big Buckeye Hello from Columbus, Ohio! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL