The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » This is too good not to share..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Don't be sorry you posted it. Feel glad you posted it. That is how individuals learn. Remember, you did not see any harm to the animals on the video you posted. It is easy to see on the other video showing slow motion.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
Come on Bob, don't give up on us man!!!! we do appreciate the sharing of it, heck I watched it more than once..... I liked it, but when we searched more of it, the other comments from animal activist were on the post of the videos, not really by us. Magically. I thought it was an awesome routine, and when I first watched it, I thought it could be a good piece to be used by animal rights folks to support the issue of not wearing furs, and what critters are saved by not wearing it. I still liked the illusion myself. if you really want to see bad write ups check out the goldfish swimming video, it got hit really hard. keep em coming Bob1dog
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Ok, Ok, y'all have made good points. I'd never intended to ruffle any feathers, as it were, I was just enchanted by the illusion. Thanks Mike and TropicalIllusions for your supporting comments. I still like the effect though and think it can be done properly. And PC, well, I actually think we're all in agreement on that. Y'alls are a great bunch! Smile

PS and as my love for critters, I don't even step on spiders anymore!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
nix225
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of nix225
You guys are discussing the ferrets fall. Doesn't anyone realize that this guy is literally hanging them on a rack until their release and subsequent drop?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I did think about the same thing. But I do not know how they are hung on. I also do not know how long they were set up in advance. If the ferrets were trained to hang on with their claws, I see no problem. But if the ferrets were tied on by a cord, set up at his home, it will be cruelty to animals.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
Without going in to too much detail (open forum) but to me it doesn't look like the ferrets are tied on or hung on in any way. but if you think how a quick change dress works, and watch carfully, you should be able to see how the ferrets are on the coat. any more details, then pm me.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Dave Major, thanks for trying to explain this to these folks, Dave is absolutely correct. these critters are held in secure and COMFORTABLE, Like sleeping in their hammocks in the cage. It is a natural for them. I understand how hard it is to not expose the method to help those that do not understand the secret of keeping them safe until exposed, but Major is correct....... they are very comfortable. Thanks Davemajor for being there for the animals.
davemajor
View Profile
Regular user
UK
184 Posts

Profile of davemajor
No Problem. I'm glad someone understood what I ment.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Dave, I'm PMing you.....

I posted this originally because I'd never seen it before and I found it enchanting, npot even thinking of animal cruelty. So I've also learned a few things. But from my untrained and unkowledgeable eyes, the release of the ferrets seemed to do with the release of the fox, not even knowing how they are mounted. Interesting discussion here.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
JVHarrison
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of JVHarrison
Cirque du Soleil uses this effect in their touring show Kuza! -- but they don't use live animals. At one point, one of the characters walks across the stage wearing a fur coat. When they turn toward the audience, the coat tranforms into a den of rats that run toward the foot of the stage and into an open sewar (stage trap). The rats are fake and are pulled by lines along the stage and into the hole. the effect is startling, and no live animals are used.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

That is very creative.... as is Cirque these folks sure know how to produce a show.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2011-04-10 00:31, Dynamike wrote:
Members were against the handling of the ferrets in the following thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=13 I have to agree with them.
Watch the fall in slow motion at 5:16 seconds: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrDDESCS7m0

I use pets in my show too. But I am against letting them fall to the ground.

Accidents happens even with people. I have to agree with Richard. This ferretts well taken care of so don't bring in the animal rights ****.

Bob thank you for posting the video. I saw this effect over 30 years ago and I still love it. Keep post good videos.

Best,

Las
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
It was on Americas Got Talent a few years back. He made it to the second or third round.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Thanks Las! So as not to hijack the thread, I'm Pmming you with a private question. Best, Bob

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » This is too good not to share..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL