The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..22~23~24 [Next]
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
I'd like to comment but I find the videos too jerky, thus it's hard to have a fair opinion (or maybe it's my computer?)

Anyway, I admire your courage as we are down to two only to show videos here now.
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
I back up Arnold on that, really good stuff Joey. Congrats on the sponsorship as well!
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2014, Bobbycash wrote:
I back up Arnold on that, really good stuff Joey. Congrats on the sponsorship as well!

I'll try and help the situation, it's not great but at least you'll get that up to three people
http://youtu.be/5KzKIK5kAj8
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
@AMcD:

Here is the full video. I hope this one runs smoothly for you. I don't have a problem with my machine :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXA8MpM0CuQ

Joey
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Looks good Joey, there was not a lot of finger movement and the thumb moves well!
Random question, what type of cards did uou use? I couldn't recognize the back design
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
585 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
Very nice. The mecanic grip is definitly more deceptive (and natural) than the Erdnase grip we see so often.
JJS
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Thanks Bobby and Jean-Jacques Smile

@Bobbycash:
"Phoenix Deck". They were designed by a german magician (maybe they are even produced here in germany, but I don't know for sure) and apparently they are quite popular among german magicians. They feel like regular bikes. Nothing special really. I like the design though.

Joey
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Thanks.

Very good, very good.

JJS is right. When I see that Erdnase Grip... Anyway!
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Cheers Joey,
I've read about them and they're meant to have some nice inbuilt properties. Great video as always.
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Quote:
I've read about them and they're meant to have some nice inbuilt properties.

I only have the standard deck. It has a subtle one-way design but no other markings. The creator sells a fully marked deck
as far as I know but I don't know anything about the system behind it.

Thanks for the kind words Smile
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
New Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAVaAlRuVYM

A fun Riffle Stacking bit.
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
FnB
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of FnB
I like the control at the end of both clip.. After a first look it's not obvious at all!
Bobbycash
View Profile
Special user
Australia
693 Posts

Profile of Bobbycash
Joey I love that final control as well.
Very convincing
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Good videos Joey.

Now that you have reached a good level, don't you think you could start dealing seconds without that lame mechanics grip Smile?
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Please point me in the right direction!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
About the strike method, Charlie Miller. About the push-off, there's not that much either. Hugard and Braue for instance, or my videos.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1622 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
A good description of the Charlie Miller second deal can be found in Harry Riser's Secrets of an Escamoteur, pp. 29-32.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
JFX
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of JFX
Thanks for the hint/source @AMcD and Kabbalah. Looks like the book isn't that easy to find but I'll keep my eyes open Smile
Thanks again for the help!
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3112 Posts

Profile of AMcD
There are very few references about dealing seconds without the mechanic's grip. In fact, if some of you have any, it would be appreciated.

I know "Expert Card Technique", Hugard & Braue and "Ghostly Seconds" by Vynn Boyar. Maybe someone could ask on the Workers section?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL