The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22..23~24~25 [Next]
900nm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of 900nm
It a twist I like. You choose! I'm don't have time to argue in a way or another, take it or leave it.
900nm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of 900nm
Well if you really wanna know originally when I showed this to certain people I was only retaining a small slug of cards so you wouldn't talk about a "huge unshuffled block in the middle."
900nm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of 900nm
In the video you can see how I'm surprised how the shuffle is crappy trying to retain a big slug with my technique*
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Regardless of how big the slug is, it is exactly the same size whether you stack cards beneath it or not. If a 10-card slug looks wrong because you shuffled only above it, it looks just as wrong if you shuffle cards only beneath and above it.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
+1 with splice (yes, can happen).

The way you do it, big gaps are gonna be visible from the front. I think it's worse. IMHO. I prefer using more cover.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I personally like your shuffle work....But, I can not tell from the video if you are staring at the cards to 'check" and see if you hit OR are you doing the "hold backs" by touch alone ?

Can you stack at the demonstrated speeds while your are looking at others and talking ?

If you can, then those are the traits of a pro Smile
Long Island,

New York
popcalinda
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of popcalinda
If you ask me, looks really nice. Being perfectionist can make more troubles then use sometimes.
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
80 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Quote:
Can you stack at the demonstrated speeds while your are looking at others and talking ?

talking and stacking is too much multitasking for me right now Smile
But Im practising stacking without looking at my hands
I still have to glimpse at the cards from time to time though

Glad you still like my shuffle work Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Don't worry too much about that joey. Everyone look at the deck. The point is not to stare at it or to look like mesmerized by the deck.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
Arnold is right (no, seriously). Practicing stacking without looking at the deck is good to sharpen your skills, but go to any rotating deal home game and watch the regular players shuffle, you'll notice pretty much everyone looks at the deck. In fact, seeing someone do a perfect RRSR without looking at the deck once would set me on edge. Unless I had a reason to believe that dealer is supposed to be that proficient, it just looks too suspicious.

But if you practice while always looking at the deck you'll fall into the trap of your shuffle looking too studied, and that's just as bad or worse than not looking at the deck at all.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Footnote #47, p. 41 Smile.
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
80 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
New Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc-Mb5SGlGk

I tried to hide the gap in the last shuffle a bit more
the bad lighting and the angle certainly helped aswell ^^
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
80 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
New Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhxGKbOI0Bs

Not a practise video, but maybe you enjoy it anyway Smile
The Dowser
View Profile
Special user
Canada
763 Posts

Profile of The Dowser
This video was very well made. You clearly have skills in more than one field.

I like everything you are doing and you are earning my respect.

Great job!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
I agree - great touch, very smooth - and perfectly filmed.
JJS
slim23
View Profile
Veteran user
309 Posts

Profile of slim23
Good video.
You are getting good at film editing also!

Bravo!

Slim
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Hahaha, I really appreciate the plug about the booklet young man. I promise, here, you will get the second volume for free! By the way, the binding looks damaged, is it because bad postal services?

Otherwise, you are getting better week after week, time is near for people like me to get retired.

Pun aside, I like to see all of you, young "kids", learning fast, showing and displaying multiple talents. It such a different behavior compared to the old farts of Magic/Gambling I've struggled with during the last decades! They share nothing, very few are capable or knowledgeable and it's always a matter of money and secret retention ("I have the money, I know, you don't, I'm the master, you're an idiot"). Your generation learn, practice, improve, have real skills. You make our "Art" evolving and you bring motivation. I like that.

Because that first booklet I have received dozens of very kind mails. I've been literally amazed learning that the few tens of videos I've posted on several forums thru the last years have been an inspiration for many of you! It's a big surprise as I'm not Richard Turner or Steve Forte and I thank you, all of you (included those who don't like me). I have one query though. Me, I have learned a lot from many guys posting here, from Z's or Doc's videos just to name two. I'd like to see you posting material in the future for the next generations.

Good job Joey!
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
This forum is going to be a movie club of a very special kind - and I like it.
JJS
joeyfx
View Profile
New user
Germany
80 Posts

Profile of joeyfx
Quote:
Hahaha, I really appreciate the plug about the booklet young man. I promise, here, you will get the second volume for free! By the way, the binding looks damaged, is it because bad postal services?

wow thanks alot, very kind of you =)
one of the binding rings was a little bit damaged when I got it, but its no problem ( it actually looks worse in the video than it really is )

Quote:
I've been literally amazed learning that the few tens of videos I've posted on several forums thru the last years have been an inspiration for many of you

they really are a big inspiration to me
For example your video "Stacking on the Fly" basically made start to practise the riffle cull
I still watch that video just because it looks so great

Quote:
I have one query though. Me, I have learned a lot from many guys posting here, from Z's or Doc's videos just to name two. I'd like to see you posting material in the future for the next generations

I don't have any material to share, besides showing my process in learning new moves
But I'm more than happy to share what I know
at the moment I'm still busy learning stuff that people created before me

thanks for your comments guys =)
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Quote:
On 2011-06-19 13:10, AMcD wrote:

Otherwise, you are getting better week after week, time is near for people like me to get retired.

Pun aside, I like to see all of you, young "kids", learning fast, showing and displaying multiple talents. It such a different behavior compared to the old farts of Magic/Gambling I've struggled with during the last decades! They share nothing, very few are capable or knowledgeable and it's always a matter of money and secret retention ("I have the money, I know, you don't, I'm the master, you're an idiot"). Your generation learn, practice, improve, have real skills. You make our "Art" evolving and you bring motivation. I like that.

Because that first booklet I have received dozens of very kind mails. I've been literally amazed learning that the few tens of videos I've posted on several forums thru the last years have been an inspiration for many of you! It's a big surprise as I'm not Richard Turner or Steve Forte and I thank you, all of you (included those who don't like me). I have one query though. Me, I have learned a lot from many guys posting here, from Z's or Doc's videos just to name two. I'd like to see you posting material in the future for the next generations.

Good job Joey!

I definitely agree with AMcD on what he just said and please do me a favor as well, accept my apology for not mentioning you in my present day expert write-up because I honestly wasn't familiar with your work; but I am now. Keep up the good work.

Respectfully,

Doc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Joey's Video Vault (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6..10..13..16..19..22..23~24~25 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL