The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
McBride always like the red backed Steamboat cards since he was eleven. Although he can use them right out of the box, he used to spend hours preparing the deck so it was like butter to use.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2011-04-30 19:57, cardone wrote:
I also think red bee backs blend better when your hand moves slightly .. the flesh colored backs seem a bit more noticed because it looks like a dead spot.

That is very relative. I have used regular bikes (Oh, those feared white borders!) on many occasions and they worked just as well as the Bees.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22175 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 11:04, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Quote:
I also think red bee backs blend better when your hand moves slightly .. the flesh colored backs seem a bit more noticed because it looks like a dead spot.

That is very relative. I have used regular bikes (Oh, those feared white borders!) on many occasions and they worked just as well as the Bees.

That is because they are made from the same card stock, by the same company.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I meant in terms of "deceptability" (did I just make a word up? lol) - e.g. far too many people cmplain about the white borders of bikes, aviators and so on being a big no-no when it comes to backpalming.

Quote:
On 2011-05-01 16:18, wmhegbli wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-05-01 11:04, Fábio DeRose wrote:
Quote:

That is because they are made from the same card stock, by the same company.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
This thread is impressive, truly, what the Café is all about!
Thank you, one and all gentlemen!!!!!
I am impressed with the professionalism in helping Tony Thomas with his problem.
Now it is up to him.
The highest regard,
Sgt. Newlon
BoncoUnit.com
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
bbmerlin1
View Profile
New user
Leesburg Fl
1 Post

Profile of bbmerlin1
Good topic!

If you pick a one style card and learn your routine flawlessly you can then try different types of cards. Your physical motor memory will allow you to develop with diferent cards quickly.

My original source was the Gansen books, Marlo, Dodson.

I have tried numerous types of cards and have settled on standard fanning decks which fit my routining. I have also tried scoring them, not scoring them, using thin cards, etc. At this point I really have no preference because the motor skills adapt to the cards at hand. I DO use bridge size as the audience can't tell and really doesn't care.

Once I had my routine down pat I put on white cotton gloves(Gansen)and in a very short amount of time became very adept with the gloves on. Try the gloves. You will be amazed at how quickly you progress. you may not want to be rid of them.

At that point going "barehanded" with any style card is a charm. Good luck....and keep practicing! Smile
- Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Card Manipulation Question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL