We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Burn a candle for Sander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
Dear magical friends

Please spend a moment of prayer or meditation and burn a candle for my 4th grandson, 8 weeks old Sander. He made a terrible fall last Friday, fractured his skull and had a cerebral hemorrage. He is stable, his vitals are OK and he does not need to be breathing through a machine. His internal organs are OK. He is not comatose. The second day was worse because -as with all bruises- the swelling on his brain increased. There is as yet no need for surgery. He had some minor breathing impairments but does not need to be on a ventilator.

We can know nothing about long term effects. Surviving is the first business of the day.

If there's any real magic out there, we are in dire need of it. There is tremendous love in my family and that's a magic to be grateful for.

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7448 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Prayers are with you and your family.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Yes, prayers are with your grandson and your family, Erik.

Ron
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Best wishes to you and to Sander.

-Mary Mowder
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Prayers for Sander.

Stay strong Lord Anacho.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
Dear friends

Thank you for your words, prayers and support. Little Sander is improving. We're not totally out of the woods, but we can see the clearing ahead. The second day we were despairing, but yesterday he looked around, focussed and recognized his mom and dad. He even drank a bottle of milk practically with bottle and all. Slowly, ever so slowly we are daring to think beyond survival to possible long-term effects.

Thank you all

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2662 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Keeping him in my prayers!
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
We're in the clearing.

Sander is out of mortal peril. This noon on our arrival at the ICU we were greeted with the wonderful sight of his mom sitting down with little Sander in her lap. He had just devoured an entire bottle of milk and was sleeping peacefully.

Now we have to wait and see for any potential long term neurological effects, but he is still with us! Truly a magical creature !

Thanks are in order.

Ciao for now

Erik
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
That s great news Erik!
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Great news, Erik!

Ron
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
Dear friends

The news is as good as it can be. Yesterday, baby Sander was breastfed for the first time, looked around focussed (yeah, he followed the little light) and his first cautious smile is on record. What does my daughter produce in her breasts? Firewater?

I think today, for the first time of many days, I will open some magic books again.

Thanks for all the support!

Ciao for now

Erik
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Thank you for letting us know the good news. I've thought of you and Sander often in the past few days.

Best luck for his continuing recovery.

-Mary Mowder
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
Yesterday we received the results from Baby Sanders MRI and they are very bleak indeed. He was oxygen depraved for a certain time and there is definite brain damage. Impossible to predict how bad it will be. The possibilities are between a whole range starting with developmental retardation at he best case scenario and a mental handicap and/or incapacity to walk as the worst case scenario.

There is also an immediate problem. Brain tissue is still swollen and the broken skull bones might knit together faster than the swelling decreases in which case surgery is called for.

But we will get through this. If in 20 years they publish a biography of our clan, they will say about the way we handled all this; "It was their darkest hour, it was their finest hour".

We shall share our pain and gain strength from the sharing.

We keep our hopes up for the best possible outcome. Baby Sander may yet surprise us all.

Thank you

Ciao for now

Erik
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I will continue to pray for Baby Sander, your family, and you, Erik.

Ron
Piers
View Profile
Inner circle
A Limited Edition of
1480 Posts

Profile of Piers
Quote:
On 2011-04-15 03:16, Lord Anacho wrote:

We keep our hopes up for the best possible outcome. Baby Sander may yet surprise us all.

Thank you

Ciao for now

Erik

Sending good thoughts. Piers.
Smile

www.justgiving.com/piers-cancer-fund

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-2

www.justgiving.com/Piers-Cancer-Fund-3

Finished my 4 months of Chemotherapy in 2009. 3 monthly checks since... and into 2021!

As seen on the QE2 and QM2.

Author of Salem's Cornucopia - SUC Book
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2758 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Prayers with you and our family, so sad.

Kyle
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Burn a candle for Sander (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL