The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Stone Tool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
612 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Received today .....as Im a man of very few words on forums......Top notch!!
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Yup, and I'm sure the more you spend time with it, the more new utilities you could do with Tool. New routine, new presentation will surely keep coming at you.

As I hit my second day with it, I've got two or three new routines. Two of them using some gaff but really cool.
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
997 Posts

Profile of Aus
Firstly I wont to start off by saying I don’t have this effect and I just came across this thread on Tool just lurking around, but after reading some comments I felt compelled to say something.

When I read and watch peoples comments on products and there are negatives discussed I often wonder how much thought the person puts into solving the negative issues he/she points out. A great professional magician gave some great advice to me once that the difference between a professional and an amateur is that one try’s to overcome problems well the other concedes to them.

For instance much conjecture of this thread has been on the card box and whether it draws suspicion or not, and just by looking at the youtube videos and how the card box is utilised in the context of its uses I’ve already formulated some solutions. Of course this all depends on if suspicion falls on the box in the first place as you might be running well not being chased. The only way you’re going to find out if that’s the case is by performing the effect in its barest form and see where that focus of the spectators is naturally drawn to.

Anyway here are my suggestions and again I just won’t to point out that I don’t own Tool yet and I’m only surmising here but here are my ideas for rectifying the box concern (if it is one).

The first thing is have a contextual reason for why the case is in play, now this isn’t a big expose as that would only draw more suspicion to the card box which is the opposite of what we won’t but just a fleeting explanation during the routine would be suffice. For instance say you doing a card printing routine that uses a double blank card and you introduce the card box by saying that to print a card you need two things, the face of the card and the back of a card. To print the back of the card you show the back design that is usually printed on a Bicycle card box and say it’s your printing template then tap the box over the blank card magically printing the cards back then move on to another method for printing the face to continue the routine.

Another context could be using it at the conclusion of a piece by piece torn and restored card where after the card is completely restored you uses the card box as a steam iron to iron out the creases in the card to restore it to its former pristine condition.

The way I see it the card box ether way is a none issue that couldn’t easily be solved with good presentation and routining if the case required it.

Magically

Aus
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

That is really nice, giving me ideas. Thanks!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
I'm sure there's plenty of mileage in this prop. Although I'm convinced I've seen the idea before as part of another trick.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Chris Harrop
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Chris Harrop
I received Tool in the post yesterday and I only have one problem with it, I can not get a full deck inside the box is this normal?
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
2100 Posts

Hi Chris,

Yup, that's normal. Due to the gimmick, you have to reduce the amount of the cards. Well, you can have one full complete deck but it will a bit tight to take them out.

I remove about four cards or more if I have some other gaff cards in there. And you have to make sure the gimmick will not lock itself so when you take the deck out, the gimmick stays inside Smile

I have some new routines but it requires some other gaff cards.

Overall, I can't thank David Stone enough for bringing out this. I know the method is not new. Even I prefer to use Solo as it has better 'look' on the gimmick. But having boxes that are ready to use are just nice.

I usually have two boxes setup with the gimmick. Then I have a Poker deal routine set up as well. So as soon as I finish, I will draw their attention to the Poker routine, take the heat off the box.
Chris Harrop
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of Chris Harrop
Thanks for the quick response failed magician, I thought as much. I have never used solo so I can not compare them but I think tool is very well made and if used in a casual way no heat should be on the box.
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
It's a fantastic effect. I liken this to the Tango T.U.C., but for cards. So many applications. . .
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of Supersmooth_ Magic
I ordered this because it looked visual, slick and magical!!! I was told it was similar to Solo by JB magic
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Looks like use can use this with Omni deck as there is a nice big distraction!!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 05:45, Supersmooth_ Magic wrote:
Looks like use can use this with Omni deck as there is a nice big distraction!!

Great idea!
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

I still havent received the item yet look forward to. Can you fit a normal deck of cards in it and continue doing a card trick?
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
This is without a doubt one of the best utility items I've ever seen. The possibilites are endless and you cand end squeaky clean with just a little thought.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2011-09-15 14:24, Supersmooth_ Magic wrote:
I still havent received the item yet look forward to. Can you fit a normal deck of cards in it and continue doing a card trick?

Yes, though it gets a little tight if you leave the jokers in.
FifthColumnist
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of FifthColumnist
I dropped this into another thread but it seems more appropriate here. So my two penn'orth:

Tool, on the other hand has all the makings of a fabulous trick but has without doubt the single worst presentation I have ever seen.

The dvd case looks like it is a knock-off, this is only enhanced by the very dodgy production values. For some reason the first few performances are very accomplished, then for the reveals, his mate pulls out his 1st gen IPhone and films the rest using that. I've seen youtube uploads that are better than this!!

Then there is the trick itself. The principal is sound and some of the tricks are REALLY good! Sadly the execution is found wanting. By dint of the gimmick you can't play with a full deck. For some this is fine. For someone like me who opens with 'Sammy the Bellhop', it's a no go area. It also limits you to standard red or blue 808 bicycle decks. For some this isn't an issue. For me, presentation is a big thang. I use Propaganda by Theory 11 with a Ghost Deck silver card clip. No matter how much heat is on the deck or the case, the card clip always draws the attention, why? Because it's shiny and pretty! Plus, they then take great interest examining the cards themselves. But I digress. Tool is a good, if limited, opener. Begin with that, then pull out your usual deck and continue. If later on, you have time to reset, you can perform another trick with it.

Hopefully, there;ll be a Stone v.2 where all the proceeds from the current sales are used to get vaguely decent production values and a gimmick that will accommodate 52+ cards...
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1524 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
This is great!
I have been using this to perform a vanishing card box sequence taught to me by the great Etienne Pradier
the perfect opener!
there seems to be so many card box production / vanishing effects (single trick dvd /effects etc) out there
but this is by far the best, it leaves you clean and ready to go into which ever card routine you wish
all you need is Tool and a bit of imagination
if you catch Etienne's current lecture I'm sure he'll only be to pleased to share it with you too
BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!
Supersmooth_ Magic
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

I like this - put the Omni deck in a blank deck with the tool gimmick card and take it out and use it!! - nice variation and illusion of a deck turning into a block of plastic acrylic. Actually I hope I am not giving this away too much. I will use the tool in a show reel some time.

For those who do not know it is similar to JB magic effect called "cell-out" - by Mark Mason.
totothemagician
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of totothemagician
Just found this channel with many more ideas using tool:
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheToolmagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Stone Tool (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL