The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Stone Tool (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Had the pleasure of hanging out with David the past 2 weeks. We worked on a few of my tool ideas. I have to say, this is amazing. Easily you can change your current routines using this device. Also soon they will be selling the tool gimmick with both a red and blue back. Check out a few ideas below.

http://youtu.be/5KBiJmY4yI0

http://youtu.be/BC_Mj0Awe9Y

http://youtu.be/31EG1mIop1g

http://youtu.be/hL7NQxannvQ
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Looks good. I am finally getting this.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-04-18 17:27, Paul Rathbun wrote:
Is this available in the U.S.?

It's now available from Penguin Magic albeit it will not be available for shipping until 05/30 @ $34.95.

Quote:
On 2011-04-22 10:04, Andi Peters wrote:

You handle David Stone's Tool wonderfully.

Now that just doesn’t sound right! Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Don Dasher
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Don Dasher
I received a somewhat suggestive email from emagicsupply.com today asking if I had seen David Stone's Tool yet. I'm not sure if they did it on purpose but I laughed so hard my topit split.

DD
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 11:56, Black wrote:
I wrote a little review about it, I hope my english isn't too bad. Smile

Tool is more than just a gimmick - it allows you to perform many different routines. The price of the trick is 29,99€ (about 45 US Dollar and about 25 GBP).

What you get is a DVD and two red gimmicks. The DVD is in French and English and teaches you 11 effective routines and some bonus ideas. When I first saw the trailer it reminded me of "3D Advertising by Henry Evans". When I received "Tool" I saw that I was right, the gimmicks are the same. But the idea of using the gimmick in this way is new and ingenious!

You can perform this trick completly surrounded and in extreme close up situations. Everything is as clean as in the video, you don't have to hide something or take something away. The reset takes just a second so it's perfect for table hopping.

As I mentioned before, there are 11 professional routines on the DVD and they are all second to none. If you think outside the box you can perform even more routines using TOOL. Here are a few of my ideas using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoy4VG8V......embedded

In my opinion this is one of the best close up tricks you can buy for so less money! I highly recommend it.

Nice...like the elastic bad trick--don't know why but it makes the effect harder to deconstruct.

Better demo than on the Penguin site where , if I am not mistaken, you get a nice flash of the gimmick on the last trick.

Which brings me to the question, does the gimmick work perfectly every time ?
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
In in a quiet home is there "talking", a click of the gimmicks?
acortest
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of acortest
This looks like a real 'worker' if you ask me. I agree with someone earlier who said this would probably not fool any magicians, but I think it will blow the minds of laypersons (laypeople?)
jackofspades11
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
65 Posts

Profile of jackofspades11
The gimmick and routines possible with this effect look awesome! I will be adding this trick to my wish list!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 15:13, Don Dasher wrote:
I received a somewhat suggestive email from emagicsupply.com today asking if I had seen David Stone's Tool yet.

Holy crap, don’t tell me David lost his tool!

All in all, I think I’ll place this on the back burner and give it some further thought. Looks like a rather nice effect (utility tool?), but it’s just one of those things that gives me pause for some reason and something hard to explain. There are other things I’m looking into, and more often than not they end up never being used. Let’s face it, most all demo’s look good and then……..? I’m in no way trying to imply that it’s not good, but I’ve learned to go with my first instinct and try to be a tad more circumspect before I buy anything now. Usually, though not always, my first instincts are serving me rather well as of late. Then again, living on a pension certainly makes one more cautious, and so much the better. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
I just ordered from Penguin Magic!
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 16:23, Powermagic wrote:
In in a quiet home is there "talking", a click of the gimmicks?

I even heard this in some demos. A softened magnetic cling?
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
iluzjonista
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of iluzjonista
Can you really give the box for examination after the trick?
unclemagicmike
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of unclemagicmike
I would also like to Know if the Card Case can be handed out for a look see!!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On 2011-05-25 07:29, unclemagicmike wrote:
I would also like to Know if the Card Case can be handed out for a look see!!

I'd imagine that isn't possible.

Whats worrying though is I don't think you should be "noticing" the card case at all. Maybe that's just us magicians Smile

It should a quick cover up with the card case and then a flash to show there's nothing stuck to it and then concentrate on whats changed.

that's why in my book the video above which has an elastic band appear around the deck is the strongest piece because you are not looking to see where something may have gone so the heat is off the case.

If something disappears using the case then I think you are in dodgy territory as heat will then focus on it
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Nice effect, but (having never seen the Tool) I can think of a couple of ways of how I could just build this myself. The current trick examples seem weak to me but obviously aimed to just show the possibilities rather than stand alone tricks. a rejiggered Dark Card would probably work.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Quote:
On 2011-05-24 15:52, Ray Chelt wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-04-28 11:56, Black wrote:
I wrote a little review about it, I hope my english isn't too bad. Smile

Tool is more than just a gimmick - it allows you to perform many different routines. The price of the trick is 29,99€ (about 45 US Dollar and about 25 GBP).

What you get is a DVD and two red gimmicks. The DVD is in French and English and teaches you 11 effective routines and some bonus ideas. When I first saw the trailer it reminded me of "3D Advertising by Henry Evans". When I received "Tool" I saw that I was right, the gimmicks are the same. But the idea of using the gimmick in this way is new and ingenious!

You can perform this trick completly surrounded and in extreme close up situations. Everything is as clean as in the video, you don't have to hide something or take something away. The reset takes just a second so it's perfect for table hopping.

As I mentioned before, there are 11 professional routines on the DVD and they are all second to none. If you think outside the box you can perform even more routines using TOOL. Here are a few of my ideas using it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoy4VG8V......embedded

In my opinion this is one of the best close up tricks you can buy for so less money! I highly recommend it.

Nice...like the elastic bad trick--don't know why but it makes the effect harder to deconstruct.

Better demo than on the Penguin site where , if I am not mistaken, you get a nice flash of the gimmick on the last trick.

Which brings me to the question, does the gimmick work perfectly every time ?

Hi,
thank you for the compliment! Smile
The gimmick does work perfectly all the time! I have performed this to a lot of laymans and it definitely blows their mind! There are actually a few routines where you can hand out the box after. You just have to accomplish a very easy move. ;-)

As I said before - this is an ingenious principle that allows you to perform tons of visual and astonishing magic!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I do not know. I would love to beleive they do not think the case is involved but if there is any talking or they see it more than once, it is just logical to consider the case.
I know my sister in law from Thailand would try to grab the box. I just do not see the logic in using the case as cover . That is, I like the visuals but not sure if one were to see this more than once they just not suspect the obvious.
Love to hear more from those who have it and use it.

To the creator. if you could make the case pass over the cards not tap them, it would be less suspect.
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
@Powermagic:
I first thought the same! But when I performed this live for a few people, I saw that they don't want to check out the box. In my opinion it's very organic to use the box. You show the box before, they remember how it looks - you show the box after and they can't see a difference, so the box is normal for them. If you take a look at my video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoy4VG8V3w&feature=relmfu )you will expect that is has to do something with the box, because I use the box for EVERY effect. If I perform other card tricks and then only one routine using TOOL, it's not that suspicious that the box has something to do with the effect.

I hope you understand how I mean it Smile

PS: There is only a "click"-sound if you tap the box on the cards. But I prefer to rub, in my opinion it looks more magical and less obvious!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Quote:
On 2011-04-16 10:14, Xiqual wrote:
Andi,
This is nothing like Solo. No cards have holes in them, no cards are sandwiched to find them. Quit drinking dude.

I hope you understand that this gimmick goes way back. Steve Brook did some work with his Freefall and he said it is REALLY old.
These gimmicks are extremely well made, you get lots of varied handlings.
Like I said, I really like it. If you think it's obvious, it is only because you are familiar with the principle. I don't do magic for magicians.
James

Totally agree. Even the gimmick might share the same principle, but don't forget about the DVD. There are routines and handling that will enrich us.

If only I could afford this, I'd have bought this Smile
Magic comes through perception. -HS
movemonkey
View Profile
Loyal user
Detroit, USA
210 Posts

Profile of movemonkey
Come on guys, can someone explain me why so much buzz on this? Just showed the trailer to 6 different laymen friend and all 6 figured out the method...

the main reason is the action of using the box causing the magic effect makes it so obvious!!

Tool will fool no one, even a child can figure it out!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » David Stone Tool (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL