We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Magic Message Boards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
I like to browse the internet for all the knowledge that is not available to me otherwise. I especially like coming to the Café and other various forums/posting boards to hear others thoughts on the subject.

I went to another forum recently that is run by a fairly popular internet magic business. I was shocked.

The impression that I received as just a viewer of that forum almost made me feel sorry for the individuals that go there seeking advice or just lurking around.

There were personal attacks on each other through the whole board, others were fishing for free tricks, and still others were claiming they were the next David Blaine. One individual who posted there even took it upon himself to seemingly wage a war against everyone with personal attack after personal attack.

It all culminated to the point where said individual claimed he was driving 2 sports cars, had a mansion and was rich thanks to magic and that no one would ever be able to achieve the same status.

Why the long tangent? I am just thankful for our moderators here at the Café and what a truly informative and exquisite board this is. I extend my hand good sirs and say thank you to everyone who has made it possible.

Xander

XX
do magic

www.8bom.net
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Xander,

Thank you for the compliment. It is a goal of every member of the staff to make this the best place to visit. A place without guile, malice or disdain.

To hear how this happens at other boards is not surprising. The real thanks belongs to Steve Brooks for taking such a moral stand.

Again thank you for your comments. It this kind of heartfelt gratitude that keeps us all working for the greater good.
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Often, the staff takes a lot of flak for deleting a post or topic that is rude or inflammatory. But it is precisely BECAUSE we do this that the Café is not like those other forums.

It is our goal to protect the members from being flamed, attacked or otherwise treated rudely by other members, so that you can rest secure in the knowledge that The Magic Café is a haven where you can go talk magic without fear of all the other garbage bringing you down.

Thanks! It's nice to know that you noticed!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4741 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
We appreciate the kind words regarding our little community on the web. It is for the reasons you gave that I started The Magic Café almost two years ago. I realized then that the good folks in the world of magic needed a decent place to discuss the art on a serious level without all the nonsense that takes place on the other boards. Thanks for helping to support us in our cause. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Andy H
View Profile
Regular user
London
106 Posts

Profile of Andy H
The Magic Café is THE board for magic. I have been to a few others but they are nothing compared to this. It is incredible; the vastness of this site will never be understood, with archives of discussions. Hopefully it will continue and the members will grow because it really is good to talk.
Smile
Paul Harris: My Astonishing Hero
Threeatms
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Threeatms
I can not begin to tell the moderators how impressed I have been with the professionalism, helpfulness, and sense of welcome here at the Café.

This forum is the reason I am back into magic ... and this time to stay!

Thanks for everything!!!!
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1447 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
As a member of the Café staff, I lurk in many other forums. On some of them I have been the special guest, and on some of them they needed help and so I also became temporary staff as well.

But I have always said that; "The Magic Café is my home ". Those of you who have been to Fism may recall the effort I made to gather the Café members there, and the announcements as well. I do not know if I would do the same thing for another board.

Last of all, The Magic Café is really ONE OF A KIND, with its staff and its members. The Café is my home on the net. Smile

Click here to view attached image.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Magic Message Boards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL