The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Egyptian Magic Theme For Seance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
The below posted images are from an Egyptian Theme Magic Seance with props, sound effects and script. You'll notice some commercial magic effects-changed by the Egyptian graphics and details.
http://s586.photobucket.com/albums/ss308......eBox.jpg
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3266 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Loved the artwork.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thankyou!
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2121 Posts

Profile of RCP
Very nice, did you ever sell your collection of books?
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3753 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Very impressive looking kit!
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thanks again. Yes, I sold my Spook Library on Ebay a week ago.
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Lovely! Wish I could see it performed.
Steve
[
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Here's a book that I highly suggest for an Egyptian seance theme:
Ancient Egyptian Magic-Bob Brier
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1896 Posts

Profile of chmara
My oh my - the artwork is wonderful -- but I am not sure how Zombie (50/50 here) or die box (completly mystified) fit into a seance.

The only other thing I could be so bold as to suggest is to "age" the art a little -- and then ask if you are contemplating doing similar work for others -- or was this just a labor of love for your talented hands and eye?
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Labor of love. The artifacts have "aged" themselves for thirty years worth of shelf dust.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Speaking about Egyptian Cursed items, I recently received this antique sarcophagus hand. A nice object for a seance.

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Cool!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
Surnateum wrote:
the story begins in 1880, when a young gentleman by the name of Douglas Murray consulted a well known palm-reader called Cheiro (the pseudonym of Count Louis Hamon 1860-1936). The wizard, frightened by what he saw in the hand of his client, predicted that a revolver would blow up in his hands and that he would suffer an amputation. He added that Murray would win a sarcophagus in a lottery and that bad luck would hound him and everyone involved in the acquisition of the sarcophagus. Murray openly scoffed at the palmist's predictions and promptly forgot the story - but Cheiro did not.
A year or so later, the young gentleman travelled to Egypt where his drogman (guide) told him about a superb sarcophagus for sale. It had apparently once belonged to a priestess of Amon-Ra (Princess Ananka), who had died at Thebes around 1600 BC. The mummy had long disappeared, but the cover of the box had a representation of her pretty face. Despite feeling a rather unpleasant sensation about the object, he acquired it and took it back to his hotel. Two of his friends there marvelled at the sarcophagus and it was decided to draw lots for it. Murray won the draw. He had the item packaged up and sent to England.
A few days later, during shooting practice along the Nile, a revolver blew up in his hands and his arm had to be amputated in order to prevent gangrene. Upon returning home, his two friends fell ill and died.
When Murray returned to England, he found the package - still wrapped up - in the hallway of his home. Later, he wrote: "If such a thing is possible, when I looked at the face drawn on the cover of the sarcophagus, its eyes seemed to come back to life and looked at me with such hatred that my blood ran cold."
Convinced of the object's evil power, he gave it to a friend. Shortly after she took the box to her home, her mother fell down the stairs and died; her fiancé left her and all of her family pets died. She, in turn, became seriously ill and returned the sarcophagus to David Murray.
Having decided to sell it, he had the cover photographed by a professional photographer. The following week, the photographer called him in a panic and told him that he could see in the photos he had taken the very real and evil face of the princess. He gave him one of the photographs. A short time later, the photographer died of an overdose of sleeping pills, apparently after destroying the photos, one of which showed his own face on the cover. The Surnateum has one copy of this incredibly rare document.
To be rid of it, Douglas Murray donated it to the British Museum. Several deaths followed, bringing the number of victims up to 13. Strange phenomena were observed in the Egyptian section of the museum. The guard reported an apparition with a yellowish-green face sitting on the lower part of the sarcophagus, which then glided silently towards him. He fled, followed by the spectre before it finally disappeared into thin air.

But the story doesn't start there. In the 1870's, the sarcophagus was bought in Egypt by a Belgian traveler, monsieur Frings. The right hand on the sarcophagus needed some repairs, it has been chewed by insects. The hand was removed as monsieur Fings wanted to make the delicate restorations in Belgium before he returns to Egypt again. In 1878, a cartridge exploded in monsieur Frings right hand, mutilating him from two fingers. The hand never went back on the sarcophagus and monsieur Frings never went back in Egypt. Later, the sarcophagus of Princess Ananka was sold to someone else.

The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Bondy
I like it but egypt doesn't really say "seance" I don't think it's spooky enough
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
You obviously haven't read any of Tony "Doc" Shiels books?
Bondy
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Bondy
No I haven't
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Egyptian Magic Theme For Seance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL