The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Interlocked Production - which one it is? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
Does anyone familiar with Cryill's Interlocked Card Produciton.

Here is the link :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpIXQTdJ7bo

It totally different from Jeff McBride's technique in his Art Of Card Manipulation vol.3 as with Mc Bride style you could not move your thumbs freely as Cyrill did.

And is there any place I could learn Cyrill technique on the last sequence where he put the card on his fingers one by one on both hands?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I do not believe that version is published anywhere for the interlocked card production.

The card production in the fingers or roll down, is published in Apocalypse Magazine, if I rememeber correctly, I think it was Tendo method. The Magazine has been published into books.

The European magician Christian published his version in his lecture notes almost 40 years ago.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
851 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Thanks for sharing the link. Mahka Tendo was brilliant and Cyril continues to set a standard of performing that is in a class by itself.

Lou
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Here is the Mahka Tendo version by Mahka Tendo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeduhzVb-wA&feature=fvwrel
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
851 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Thanks Bill. Remember what it was like BEFORE YouTube? Pretty difficult to see all of the wonderful magic around the world that we can now see with a few mouse clicks!

Lou
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Lou, you are correct, it would cost hundreds of dollars to see an act, I have traveled long distances and taken plane trips just to Fred Kaps, Roy Johnson, and others. I did see Tendo act live at an IBM convention. It was the same act as on YouTube only longer. Love that jumbo card fountain.
conjurormatt
View Profile
Regular user
Ft. Worth, TX
181 Posts

Profile of conjurormatt
I believe the Interlock production is also by Mahka Tendo, and I know was published in Apocalypse. Unfortunately, As I don't own it, I can't tell you the issue or date. (A friend brought some of the individual newsletters for me to look at, and I remember seeing this version of interlock).

Also, does anyone know the name of the song Cyrill is using?
Matthew Martin
"Merely to be acquainted with the basic secret of a card trick, in no way qualifies you to perform it. Few people realize that even a simple trick in the hands of a capable performer can become a minor miracle."
~Dai Vernon
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7384 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I worked with Mahka Tendo. What a nice act, great guy and one we lost all too soon.

Earl Ray Wilcox also did a very good interlock production. I think it was largely based on Chavez. Lee Jacobs published a book on it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Octarine Prince
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Octarine Prince
Quote:

Also, does anyone know the name of the song Cyrill is using?

"Shape of My Heart"--Sting
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
That Russ guy is going to get mad as hell when he sees this video, lol.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I would like to correct my earlier post, the Marca Tendo's Card Roll Down is published in Magical Arts Journal, September 1986, Vol. 1, No. 2.

The Interlocked Card Production by Vic Sendax is in Apocalypse Vol. 1, No. 6 This is the correct explaination of Cliff Green's explaination of the production in "Professional Card Magic" book. It was stated the explaination in that book is incorrect.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of Conus
Jeff Sheridan explains his own Interlocked Card Production in the July, 1999, issue of Genii Magazine. Between each production, the hands are separated and the fingers are wiggled.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5735 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-04-11 21:46, hugmagic wrote:
Earl Ray Wilcox also did a very good interlock production. I think it was largely based on Chavez. Lee Jacobs published a book on it.

I knew Earl and got word that his act, probably from the late 70s, was posted on Youtube. I like Earl's technique better than Cyril's, simply because the effect is immediately apparent - the appearing card is clearly seen as it appears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTLSAL26SOM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If anyone is interested in these very difficult sleights, I now have them on PDF, you can PM me if seriously interested.

Available will be:
1. Marco Tendo Card Roll Down
2. Vic Senday Interlocked Card Production
3. Christian's Original Card Flourish and Production, this is another version of producing single cards between the fingers, similar like the multiplying billiard ball.
4. The Classic Interlocked Card Production as performed by Channing Pollack,Norm Nielsen and Neil Foster and other greats in magic.
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Norm nielson does the best
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
459 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Roll down used in this video is Magic Christian`s. Bill is right about MAJ magazine that published 2 version`s of Tendo roll down after he performed on FISM in 1985. If anyone is interested in card manipulations by Mahka Tendo do yourself a favor and buy his 2 DVDs from Magic Fantasia titled Magi-Para vol.6.

Best,
Bojan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just checked here: http://www.geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Magical_Arts_Journal

They do not list a 2nd publication of Marco Tendo's Card Roll Down being published. Do you have a reference?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 13:52, wmhegbli wrote:
If anyone is interested in these very difficult sleights, I now have them on PDF, you can PM me if seriously interested.

Available will be:
2. Vic Senday Interlocked Card Production
3. Christian's Original Card Flourish and Production, this is another version of producing single cards between the fingers, similar like the multiplying billiard ball.
4. The Classic Interlocked Card Production as performed by Channing Pollack,Norm Nielsen and Neil Foster and other greats in magic.

I found Marco Tendo Original Roll Down, it was in the next issue #3, have added this to the above selections. You will not have to search for hours and days, and buy expensive out of print material. If you only want to know these techniques and learn them, then here is 5 of the most sought after manipulations productions in easy PDF format. PM me if you are seriously interested in obtaining these card flourishes.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22593 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Thank you so much for responce to my offer. I will not be offering the knowledge of these sleights for an unlimited amount of time. I did this only for those manipulators that would like to know the methods to accomplish these sleights that Marco Tendo used in his act. To obtain this information by normal means would be very expensive.

Again, here is what is included in the pacage.

2. Marco Tendo Original Roll Down (Playing cards between finger.)
3. Vic Senday Interlocked Card Production (This is the one Marco Tendo used.)
4. Christian's Original Card Flourish and Production, this is another version of producing single cards between the fingers, similar like the multiplying billiard ball.
5. The Classic Tenkai Interlocked Card Production as performed by Channing Pollack,Norm Nielsen and Neil Foster and other greats in magic.

Thanks for your interest in these wonderful sleights.
trycks.
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of trycks.
Mr wmhegbli if possible can I have your pdf of the above techniques?
I tried to pm you but theres no option
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Interlocked Production - which one it is? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL