The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Orient Express by Mark Mason (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
Anyone know who sells this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndxE4HOnU0w
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
It says right ond the clip that it comes from SEO Magic, they areaffiliated with reis Magic but SEO is based in California.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I assume you could also buy one of Mark's effects directly from Mark, as well. His site is http://www.jbtvusa.com/index.php. I didn't see it on the site, but you can call Mark directly (his number is at the top of the page) and he'll tell you how you can purchase it. Btw he is a real nice guy and easy to deal with.

Regards,

Alan
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
That link`s not working for me however i`ve emailed him and will let you know the reply.
cheers
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-04-11 18:08, magidude68 wrote:
That link`s not working for me however i`ve emailed him and will let you know the reply.
cheers

Sorry, my word prossessor in my handheld added a period at the end. This one works:

http://www.jbtvusa.com/index.php

Alan
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of lukecloughmagic
I bought this direct from mark at the blackpool magic convention, its a lovely effect
magidude68
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of magidude68
I had a reply from Mark today, this is what he said..

Thank you for your enquiry about Orient Express, unfortunately we are having problems getting the coins due to the earthquake in Japan, as soon as it is available we will inform everyone and it will be on our web site. Mark.
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

I don't really use my set as lovely as it is, it doesn't really fit my style, if in the uk I'd be happy to part with it!
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Luke,

Do you mind tell me how much did you pay for this nice effect, please ?

Thanks.

Oliver.
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Sure, it was £65 GBP, works out about $105 USD....
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
The whole concept is similar to either hopping halves or CSB Transpo of course because they are Chinese coins (some corny patter of course) and different colors, a lot easier for the spectator to follow.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Don't like when he goes to the pocket on this, way too long, fidgety and suspicious. Perhaps it flies right by the specs, probably does as most things do. Smile Just the same, I like a lot of the stuff that Mark puts out. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
lukecloughmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Hi Mb, it really does fly by the spec if you don't leave your hand lingering in the pocket, just dip it in and out Smile A friend of mine bought it too and I've seen him do it it countless times and it's never raised a comment... like you say... most things do! Smile
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Quote:
On 2011-04-13 11:49, Mb217 wrote:
Don't like when he goes to the pocket on this, way too long, fidgety and suspicious. Perhaps it flies right by the specs, probably does as most things do. Smile Just the same, I like a lot of the stuff that Mark puts out. Smile

MB, give Mark a bit of a break on this one as he has to demonstrate a ton of different effects that he markets.

Since Mark says this is affected by the disaster in Japan, that means Bob Swadling is not the gaff maker on this one. I would like to know what kind of quality this is.

Regards,

Alan
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
The routine he does is pretty much the standard routine you get with a copper/silver/brass from Johnson. I think I read somewhere that J.C. Wagner created that routine but don't quote me on that.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
If it is from SEO Magic, you can count on it being of at least good quality, and most likely excellent quality. I've purchased a number of items from them and all are high or very high quality so far.

Thank you.

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Seo magic posted these back on their site today.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Just FYI, the Orient Express uses Onosaka Japanese Wave Coins, which are made by Ton Onosaka in Japan, thus the delay. The regular Onosaka coins are very good quality and they are great to use.

As for the Orient Express effect, I like this take on the classic Copper/Silver/Brass Transpo. It is the same effect, but with a nice little twist in that this version uses three similar coins where only the color of them is different. The classic C/S/B uses three very different coins. This plays well with every audience I have ever used it on and nobody ever questions the hand staying in the pocket too long. The key there is conditioning the audience before hand. Just as with the classic C/S/B, you can do it without the pockets - the same way Dan Watkins does his routine - or you can use the pocket without completely inserting your hand into it.

As J-Mac pointed out, SEO Magic is a very good company, their customer service is great, as are the products they carry. Everything they carry is high in quality and made with the worker in mind.

Anyone interested can find The Orient Express, and more, here:

http://www.seomagic-usa.com/catalog/prod......s_id/768
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
The quality on these is bad.

They have some sort of gold plating that rubs off really easily.

Unfortunately this means that the main gaff (which is made from brass) ends up looking nothing like the piece which is meant to look like it (it looks silver, a completely different metal!).

Bad form for a trick which isn't exactly cheap and after minimal handling is useless.

Steer clear is my advice.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
I just bought some merchandise from SEO on sunday...I live in the East...It looks like I am already receiving my items tomorrow...They seem like a quick shipping company which is great! I ordered the Ton Onosaka Dollar Size Chinese Coins...I hope they are good quality!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Orient Express by Mark Mason (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL