We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Hello! I am excited about posting on the forum. I am a professional magician (but I am a rookie professional magician) who works restaurants for right now. How is everybody doing? I hope everybody is doing well! Glad to be a poster here!
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome General_Magician,

I salute you.
I have to..., I work mostly private parties.

I'm doing fine.

-Mary Mowder
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-04-12 01:02, Mary Mowder wrote:
Welcome General_Magician,

I salute you.
I have to..., I work mostly private parties.

I'm doing fine.

-Mary Mowder

Thanks for the welcome Mary! Yeah, I guess when you get hit by a big crowd in the restaurant business and the restaurant turns into a madhouse, you got to be a soldier and "go with the flow" or "adapt and overcome" the challenging circumstances and just keep the guests happy and entertained despite all the chaos. I enjoy working the restaurants though. It's rewarding and a lot of fun and teaches you to stay on your toes. Last Friday I went in with routines planned out to perform...but the plans kinda went out the window when we got swamped with diners and I didn't stick to the planned routines and just did the magic effects that best fit the circumstances and the choas. I am working on putting together a good close up show and stand up show that way I can book some private parties...but I want to have a high quality good show first before attempting to book it for private parties. So, it's strolling magic for the time being (I guess I could do some strolling magic for private parties, but not a full fledged show, yet).
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Most Close-Up at private parties is Strolling Magic, at least in my case. I rarely get to do a Close-Up Show with a table (like almost never) but Strolling is my favorite anyway.

-Mary Mowder
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-04-12 03:15, Mary Mowder wrote:
Most Close-Up at private parties is Strolling Magic, at least in my case. I rarely get to do a Close-Up Show with a table (like almost never) but Strolling is my favorite anyway.

-Mary Mowder

I guess I could hire myself out for strolling magic at a private party and table hop or go from group to group performing depending on the private function I am being hired for. I was kind of envisioning doing some strolling close up magic before like a stand up show or a close up show that I would hypothetically be hired for. Coming up with a show is not easy and is a lot of hard work and people want a good show. But I don't have a good, high quality stand up or close up show yet, so, I guess I will just stick with restaurants and I reckon just hire myself out as a strolling magician for private events, until I do have a good show put together. Busking is appealing to me, because I feel getting really good at busking can help in putting together a solid show for private events.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
ferrismagic
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of ferrismagic
Hey general Magician,
I think the best way to get a a full show is to practice things you intend to do on stage close up...Easier said than done...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hi! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL