The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sanada gimmick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
I never posted a vid, no, and never intended to. My website and the rights to my books and DVD have been sold--I am out of the magic retail business. PB&J is no longer for sale as a separate item and may never be again. The books will be republished in either perfect bound or hardbound format and rereleased by the new owner. I can't speak to when that will be--I no longer have anything to do with it. The website address will link to his page when he gets it working and "up," so keep trying it:

http://www.greatscott-itsmagic.com

I am concentrating my efforts on performing for the public and on other areas of my life and am out of the business of selling to magicians.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
radiantentertainment
View Profile
Regular user
Donald Collins
112 Posts

Profile of radiantentertainment
I want to thank Mr. Guinn for the advice on the SG. I have to admit I am not familiar with Mr. Guinns material on the SG.

I fell in love with the SG the moment I first watched it used. It was performed poorly but I could see the potential.I use the SG only for a sponge ball production, vanish, and reappearance now. These postings have started my gears turning for more though. Thanks to everyone.

To try to talk some of you into dusting off your SG I'll explain my sponge ball opening. I'm not a magic author so bear with me.

The vanishes are done in french drop position SG'ing the ball instead of dropping it. The appearances are done by passing the hand with the SG in front of the clean hand in a spell bound like move.

Using the SG to show a the invisible ball everyone plays it off as a joke. There is no heat on the SG at all. While transfering the invisible ball from hand to hand to display it to spectators on both sides direct attention toward a child by asking "Can you say alakazam?". The child naturally says alakazam. At that moment make the sponge ball appear in the clean hand.

Then after the appearance all eyes are on the ball as the dirty hand falls to the wayside. The SG is not loaded so the hand appears very natural. Raise the dirty hand and do a couple of transfers to display the ball to both sides again. This is also for consistancy. Since I use 2" super soft the SG is almost covered.

Ask a child if they can say alakazoo. When they do, vanish the ball. Do another transfer for display. Say alakazam to make the ball appear, after producing the ball offer it for examination. The split second that my left hand places the ball on the table to be examined I ditch the SG in my right pocket.

I find that after this simple set of moves my regular sponge routine has much more validity. It has became a much more powerful piece. If this explantion is not clear PM me and I will describe it in more detail. Let me know what you think.
Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Less is more.
&
Knock'em dead!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
First, while I truly appreciate the respectful attitude, please call me Scott. We are peers and hopefully will become friends, and I am no more important than anyone else here, so the need for formality and deference is non-existent when addressing me. If I were on the level of some of our more celebrated members such as Wesley James or Larry Becker, that deference would be appropriate, but I'm just a journeyman magician in Podunk, Idaho! (Again, though, I sincerely appreciate the underlying attitude!)

I think what you're describing is an excellent use of the gimmick. While there are many uses and applications, we must be careful not to "get greedy with a principle." Find as many uses as possible that add rather than detract from your routines, but do not insert the SG into a routine where it is not needed just because it can be inserted. And even if you have some awesome uses for it, I wouldn't use it for more than one or two routines within the same show. Just my opinion, yours may differ and still be equally or even more valid!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
radiantentertainment
View Profile
Regular user
Donald Collins
112 Posts

Profile of radiantentertainment
Till a introduction I call everyone by there last name. Just a force of habit. From now on it will be Scott though.
I am in agreement with you. I only use the SG to open my sponge routine. I do a production, vanish, and reappearance then I rely on no gimmicks. The intial opening with the SG adds conviction to the rest of my sleights.
I'm may be starting at a Japanese steak house. I love the egg idea for this.
Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Less is more.
&
Knock'em dead!
charliewerner
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of charliewerner
I think mentalist have better use of the SG then magician. Try it.
"Seeing Joy, Sadness, Anger,Contempt,Surprise, Disgust,Fear on people faces are the motivation of my MAGIC" Charlie Werner (C.C.L)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sanada gimmick? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL