The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » A Question for Singing Vents (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MT
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of MT
Hi!

For those of you who sing, can you help me out with a couple of questions:

1) If you're singing an Elvis song (supposing you had an Elvis puppet), how do you impersonate his voice? Is there a recommended way to learn voice impersonation? Or do you just use the puppet's voice to sing the song?

2) Is there a good source for karaoke music? I'm supposing that you're not singing acapella, but with music with no lyrics in the background.

Thanks.
Joseph_Then
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of Joseph_Then
1) If you can impersonate, go and do so. If not, you will sing based on your puppet voice or have the original. However, it really depends on your script and what you want to achieve.

2) My solution to Karaoke music is more technical. You can download/rip the song first, use Authacity software or any sound editing software, turn off either the left or right channel of the song and you will get the karaoke music. You see, most songs are in stereo, and usually the voice is in one channel and the music is in the other channel. I did this before, so I know. Smile
Dickens & Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
North Central Florida
1813 Posts

Profile of Dickens & Dave
1. I would do it in the puppet's voice, it would be funnier the figure trying to do an Elvis song with his own voice.

2. I've got to remember what Joseph said for the future.
What I've done is look it up on Amazon ("name of song" karaoke) and have found them that way, usually costs .99 to download it.
http://dickensndave.bravehost.com/index.html

"Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » A Question for Singing Vents (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL