We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Idea of gospel routine with daryls acrobatic knot ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edec
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of edec
Hi fellows ! I just get this prop and I would like to know if anyone already has a gospel routine for it.
So far I don't have much idea...
thx
God bless
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
I am not familiar with that effect unfortunately. Several Gospel magic rope routines which may or may not be useful to you can be viewed at http://www.ChristianMagician.org including Sheldon Rhodes' excellent "Slim the naughty boy" at More Than Magic! #2 at the 13:36 mark (just fast forward to that point). Duane Laflin's many ropes/one rope/knots routine based on John 14:6 can be found at Now That's Magic! #4 at the 2:28 point in the video. Alan Kazam's Cut & Restored rope is found at the 22:08 mark on Now That's Magic! #6. Leo Peters' "rope trix" routine is at the 3:30 mark on More Than Magic! #4. Duane Laflin's red/yellow/black/white rope routine based on John 3:16 is on Now That's Magic! #9 at the 32 minute mark. One of the best non-Gospel rope routines I have ever seen is Brad Brown's routine at the 9:20 mark of Now That's Magic! #1- just absolutely fantastic to watch- a real pro routine on how to do a rope trick before an audience. Brad's "restoring broken pieces" using the Gypsy Thread is at the 27:41 mark on Now That's Magic! #2.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
If you can get ahold of a copy of "Spiritual Applications for Tarbell 2" by Jule L. Miller, the entire Chapter 11 is on Rope Magic with Gospel applications: pages 307 thru 350.
edec
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of edec
Thx magicbus for your post ! I will take a look !

Here is the link for daryls routine : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQraO_r4TE
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1944 Posts

Profile of tbaer
That reminds me of one of Pavel's rope tricks he did.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2875 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Wow- very nice rope routine for sure- entertaining and different. Most of the routines for the Tarbell 2 book mentioned above are on sins (e.g. knots) being removed from one's life. In Darryl's effect, the white section appears at the end as part of the red rope- so the "sin" being removed makes little sense in that context. Edward G. Smith in Miller's Tarbell 2 book suggestioned 2 Peter 3:18: the knots represent one growing in the grace and knowledge of our Lord. The "knot" of knowledge, spiritual growth, commitment continously grows upward (slide knot upwards)until it becomes engrained in our lives (white section becomes part of the red rope). For a complete theological discussion on this idea of Christian "change" or transformation, I cannot recommend highly enough James MacDonald's book "I Really Want To Change... So, Help Me God" published by Moody Press. Chapter 7 and after that are particularly worthwhile to read.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Following the Law 10 Commandments plus...(all 613 or is it 612) is not possible.

We all fall short. The red can be the fall short, the blood of Jesus...or perhaps by his stripes we are healed. The word translated as grief could also be disease. Some say the number of lashes Jesus was given is equal to the number / types of diseases.

I have thought about adding that effect for a long time. Over the last few years, I have been going back through the books/magazines and props rather than buying new ones.

Be safe, well and creative.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
REV BILL
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Burnie Maryland
1020 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
The doctrine of imputation can be a big word but simply means, put on anothers account. The basic message is our sin is taken upon Him(His account) and His righteousness(since all of ours is as filthy rags) is put on our account. I'm sure you can fill in the details.--Rev Bill
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Idea of gospel routine with daryls acrobatic knot ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL