The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bean shooter (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
212 Posts

Profile of bill7
Hey any of you guys use a bean shooter? I just got a hold of one and it seems impossible to make work smooth.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bill G.
Virginia, USA
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
No I don't I think so......but you never know your luck in a big city.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
How that you can't "make work smooth"? It's just a question of pulling! Didn't the guy who sold it show you how to use it?
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
It's not just a question of pulling. Tell him about how the been shooter should be in the coat/jacket sleeve and about how the lining hides it from view and the ridge that makes the card get a hanger. Tell him about the double lining shirt sleeve which is used to camouflage the apparatus from being seen going up and down the shirt.

Why the guy didn't tell him nor show him how to use this.

The guy didn't tell him this because of the same reason that you just didn't, it's because both of you don't know jack about it. I have the instructions on how all the devices were used from the K.C. Catalog Co., and it's not in there either so my question to you is where would the seller or you get this information from? The only reason I know about it is because Steve Forte and Rod the Hop showed me.

Respectfully,

Doc
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Doc,

I was joking. The guy comes from nowhere and would like a full and free operator's manual?

I admit I'm not a pro about bean shooters, I know how to build them, handle them, etc. I wouldn't say I know "jack" about it. Don't worry about me, I knew about the double lining shirt sleeve and I've even watched Rod perform one trick or two with a bean shooter Smile.

But I wouldn't use one for real! It's not my kind of stuff. Nevertheless, I'm interested about all that paraphernalia used by some professionals. People using holdouts or simply palming cards amaze me. So risky...

Is your question (about where the information is coming from) directed to me or to the original poster? In case it's me, gimme an email address, I'm not gonna detail that here.
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
AMcD you're exactly right about what you're saying but what about the readers here? How will they learn? Say for instance some guy do come to this forum and ask a question like this guy right here just did. If you don't want to answer him then "Silence is Golden" but by making the statement that you did, you implied a falsehood to the readers that all you have to do is just pull and let go of the bean shooter and this is far from being true; this is why I stepped in with my 2 cents to protect them from a falsehood.

Listen I have to get up dated on a lot of things since I've basically been off this site for two years now but as far as I know unless something new showed up about Rod the Hop that I didn't know. My understanding is that Rod never worked a bean shooter in his life. Why do you say this Doc? Rod and I saw Steve demonstrate the bean shooter and the jacket exactly at the same time of which he said he never worked one before, so correct me if I'm wrong in this area. I have footage of Rod working the Martin's Holdout and even with my camcorder footage I never seen Rod leak one time so how did you see him use a bean shooter? My question to you is why would he work an inferior item when he perfected the Martin which is far superior.

I spoke to a man, an expert at what he do about a month and a half ago who played against Rod along time ago using his shirt holdout and Rod broke him using his Martin's holdout. I just can't see him working a bean shooter unless he was just playing around with it and trying it on for size.

My email is ericmack149@aol.com

Take Care,

Respectfully,

Doc
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
You've got mail...
bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
212 Posts

Profile of bill7
Hey Doc That is exactly the Info I was looking for. Of course I got some instructions but they are'nt very good. Iam not an advantage player at all. I was just looking for a new way to switch cards. And as for coming from nowhere and asking you for anything amcd, if you didn't like my pos,t man don't freakin' respond. Its as easy as that. But thanks that little tiny bit of info doc the "double lining". I guess that's why you are the doc. It just doesn't seem like you could make this thing work with out a lot of wierd pulling on your clothes. And it also seems like the card has to be WAY back in the hand for it go where it needs to go. Anyway thanks again DOC.
Bill G.
Virginia, USA
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
Bill7 you are welcome.

Take care,

Respectfully,

Doc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Bean shooter (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL