The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » What's the name of this signature transpo effect? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Magician asks spec for a dollar and also brings out his own dollar. Magician asks spec to fold dollar in half and sign it. He also signs his own dollar. Spectator at a later point is holding a folded up dollar, and when unfolded it has both his own signature and magicians signature. I think I missed a step or two in performance, but that's the basic effect. Does this sound familiar? It's a really much better effect than my lousy description!

And I believe it may use a sw--i or n--l w----r gimmick. I don't think it's Super Sharpie, though, I have that one.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Hey Dooblehorn,

I havent heard of this commercially but your discription sounds awesome. Just brainstroming a bit here makes me think you could modify Eugene's Last Dollar(Eugene Burger/Patrick Murphy) with an "early" signature and come to the same ending. Maybe any further discussion shoud be moved to Secret Sessions. Looking forward to anybody elses thoughts on working this out. Thanks for sharing Dooblehorn!

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
UGH! Sorry for all the mis-spellings! Heres how it should read:

Hey Dooblehorn,

I havent heard of this commercially but your description sounds awesome. Just brainstorming a bit here makes me think you could modify Eugene's Last Dollar(Eugene Burger/Patrick Murphy) with an "early" signature and come to the same ending. Maybe any further discussion shoud be moved to Secret Sessions. Looking forward to anybody elses thoughts on working this out. Thanks for sharing Dooblehorn!

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Hi, Barrett
Thanks so much for responding! Burger's looks like a true bill switch, if I understand correctly (difficult to find a detailed description of the effect)...

this is more like signature on two separate bills combine to the one bill in spec's hands...I'll keep looking!
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
If I understand the way you are describing it, it sounds like an Anniversary Waltz with money instead of cards, yes?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Dr J, actually that's right, did not think of that!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Where did you see this?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Could do a transpo with spec's signature appearing on a bill in your shirt pocket or vice versa -- or the bill held by spec has both signatures while yours has none... (sans gaffs - see Changeabill)
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Motown, it was performed for me by a strolling magician at a restaurant
Conus, thanks, I will check out Change-a-bill
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
I wouldn't mind seeing it myself.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Actually, alas, it is nothing like changeabill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » What's the name of this signature transpo effect? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL