The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reviews of new DVDs the Way of the Shinobi and Crafty Power (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh Norris
View Profile
New user
Washington, DC
32 Posts

Profile of Josh Norris
Just finished reviewing Crafty Power and The Way of the Shinobi LIVE on the Magic Marketplace tonight. You can watch the full review show here:

http://themagicsession.com/on-demand/mag......04-17-11

However, I will include the main points of my reviews here...

CRAFTY POWER

I thought this was a good introduction to magic with strong m******c coins. The included effects are highly visual and easy to perform. I also thought the DVD was fairly priced. The highlights for me were the coins across with glass, the reverse coin through table (super visual), and a mentalism effect called Mental Path.

Id recommend this to anyone looking for a nice intro to using this type of coin gaff.

THE WAY OF THE SHINOBI

New DVD by Emran Riaz, shot and edited by Tony Chang. Contains two effects by emran and a bonus effect by Tony. I thought that the Anniversary Waltz was weak mainly due to the fact that the magician chooses the second card, not the spectator. I also thought the two card transpo was less visual than the traditional effect with a duplicate and a color change.

Tonys effect was by far the strongest routine and the most visual on the DVD. However, I don't think this was enough to save the DVD and justify the $30 price.

If you are still interested in learning the move, I'd recommend purchasing the theory11 download of the Shinobi Control, over the full DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reviews of new DVDs the Way of the Shinobi and Crafty Power (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL