The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Because what we need is another magic blog... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Steve,

Brilliant work. Always enjoy reading your posts on the Café, so I'll be dropping past this blog now and again.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Chappo
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of amprice99
Awesome! Great job, Steven. Looking forward to your next review!
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Excellent! I really like the concept and I am digging out my copy just for the Ace Assembly Smile there was someone in another forum looking for video of the Scarne ball routine, you don't happen to have that one available do you?

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=115

keep up the great work... don't let this go the same way as other blogs which disappear because of no new content. I realize that producing video is time consuming and you need to get it really right to be of the quality to publish (the camera's eye is unforgiving) maybe attract some advertisers, good luck.
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2585 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks again, everyone. Actually working on the next review now.

Tim, the ace assembly handling in the video is not the same one from the book. This is the only effect that deviates (quite far) in method from the description in the book. I included it in the demo because the effect of the progressive ace assembly is the same. The specific handling is one that I've cobbled together from a number of different sources.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2826 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Smile very well done Steven...kudos to you on a great website/blog!! Keep 'em coming! Here's a suggestion...offer that ace assembly as a download for some cash.

Cardamagically,
Dom Smile Smile
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
taklyt
View Profile
New user
Paris, France
42 Posts

Profile of taklyt
WOW Steven, your site IS really inspirational, thank you so much, I'm looking forwards to seeing more soon!
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1082 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Steven, any clues as to what the next book will be? You said you already know and are working on it....
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2585 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Dom, I was thinking that myself. If I ever put out a DVD the Ace Assembly would definitely be one of the items offered.

Chappo, Taklyt, amprice99, thanks so much for the kind words!

Dr. JK, yes the next book review is almost done. I only have one effect left to record. And the book is...(insert mental drumroll here)... The Card Magic of Nick Trost. It's a book that is often dismissed by a lot of card workers for reasons I don't quite understand. I went overboard and did 7 effects out of the book. Probably won't do that many in the future but I couldn't help myself. With work being what it is this review is probably another 2 weeks from being posted.

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1082 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
Wow, that's awesome!!! LOVE that book, so really looking forward to your review. I'm going to PM you with another suggestion for the next one.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
IanL
View Profile
New user
Washington State
83 Posts

Profile of IanL
Quote:
On 2011-04-19 23:56, Steven Keyl wrote:
Thanks so much for the kind words everyone!

slyhand, the Coins through Table demo is only choppy when NOT viewed in full screen mode. In other words, it behaves better in full screen mode than it does in the smaller window. Why? I have no idea.

Andrew, sounds like you need a little hair of the dog.

IanL, sure I'm taking suggestions for future books. I know what the next one will be, but after that, what do you have in mind?

Thanks again, everyone. Your comments are gratifying and greatly appreciated. Cheers.

How about something from Harry Lorayne, Steve Beam or Royal Road? Lots of great material to choose from.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2585 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
IanL, all great ideas! I've already got some Lorayne stuff in the pipeline. Stay tuned.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Because what we need is another magic blog... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL