The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Suggestion for very quick stage effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ashah
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of ashah
Hi!

I'm going to be performing in what is basically a variety show. At the end, all of the performers will come back out and take their bows. I'm looking for a really quick visual effect (a few seconds long) that I can do while doing this.

I first thought of mouth coils, but now I'm leaning toward a Fantasio Appearing Cane, which is even quicker and very visual.

Would appreciate any other ideas!
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1318 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Add a flash (eg flash cotton)!
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of ashah
Also, my assistant will come out with me, so I was thinking I can do an Appearing Flowers and then hand her the flowers.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
The self untying silk.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
I would go for the appearing cane or silk to cane effect after having waved goodbye with the silk. Afterwards I would make my hand holding the cane touching the hand of my assistant to duplicate the cane with a flash effect so at the end during your bow both of you hold a cane.

Generally you won't have a lot of time to show a silk empty and produce something out of it. At the end of variety shows where different artists did their act the MC will call the artists one by one to join him on stage, but he won't really wait until you got to the edge of the stage and did your bow before calling out the next one, because he want's to have rythme and speed at the end of the show and not to slow down too much.

You could aswell use a highlight of one of the effects you've presented during your act or the show. Exemple : I've seen the belgium magician Rafael coming out on stage for the final bow doing a Zombie Banana. It fit his stage character and it was visual enough for the audience. Topas might have made appear another pair of glasses, since it is the item everybody reconize him because of his FISM act... Just a few points to get you think about the fact to personalize the thing.

One last point and maybe the most important one : Make sure that the MC knows that you're going to do a last flashy effect before he calls for the next artist to join you. Otherwise nobody in the audience will pay attention, since something else is going to happen in the same time you're doing your effect.

Oliver.
ashah
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of ashah
Great advice Oliver - thanks!

Is the idea that she would have a matching appearing cane concealed in her hand, and I'd use some sort of flash paper to coincide with the revelation?
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Not necessary, but of course using the same color will make it look more impossible, specially when you keep your hands for a short time together without moving and "tear" them apart to reveal the second cane.

Have a look at the Split Dove Production, which uses the same principle.

Oliver.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Suggestion for very quick stage effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL