The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hauntiques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
464 Posts

Profile of William Draven
I just ran across a very interesting book called Hauntiques by some cat named Christian Chelman at a friends place, and I have to say this book has some good stuff in it! Very well written. Does anyone know if this is still in circulation? I checked Amazon but it's saying that it's currently unavailable.
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
William,

It is a good book. Also, very beautifully produced. Some dealers may have it, but I understand it is out of circulation. I am pretty sure my local shop has it in stock. I bought mine there a while back. Christian is a member here and can probably clarify.
William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
464 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Oh, nm. I just realized that Christian is the Curator. Man I feel silly, no wonder I felt like I knew the guy from somewhere X.x

Posted: Apr 20, 2011 11:51am
Ah thanks Paul. Also check your emails, I just sent you one this morning.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
It's a great resource with a lot of ideas.

What I'd love is a full reference book for building bizarre props. Is there one, or should I start compiling one?
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Jon,
You're currently working on Part 2 of Electronics for Magicians 2? After reading Part 1 and hearing of your plans for Part 2, I've been waiting for additional info on a pending release. Any info?
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2011-04-20 12:23, RandyScott wrote:
Jon,
You're currently working on Part 2 of Electronics for Magicians 2? After reading Part 1 and hearing of your plans for Part 2, I've been waiting for additional info on a pending release. Any info?

Yup, it's in the works. Over Easter, after I've cleared the queue of orders, I'll have a decent chunk of time to really push it on. And yes, there will be a section on radio control!
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Capricornian tales By Christian is well worth getting your hands on as well.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Glad to see that you enjoy the books.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2512 Posts

Profile of critter
I didn't know he was a cat. Curiouser and curiouser...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3796 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Meeeeeeooooooooooow !
Damon Reinbold
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Damon Reinbold
Both books by Christian are wonderful. Been in my collection for some years now and I love the story telling aspect of it.
Get themj both.

regards, Damon
Damon Reinbold
<BR>2011 President, S.A.M. Assembly 71
<BR>2011 President, IBM Ring 90
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
I saw it still advertised on the website at Midwest magic in Chicago. I use to visit that shop years ago and he said that he likes to keep the website products up to date almost daily. I use to drive there like 80 miles; and he said to call him before I came down so to make sure he had the products I was looking for. Saw it on the site the other day. Excellent book.
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
Ohio
714 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
The book (a limited edition of 1000, I believe) has been stated as being officially out of print and sold out for a month or two now. Your best bet is to search all of the online vendors to see if they have remaining stock.

I think I bought Penguin's last one 2 years ago and it was one of the luckiest finds I've ever had. It sits next to Capricornian Tales and will never be leaving my bookshelf.
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
I own Capricornian Tales and I anxiously await the appearance of Hauntique's to my bookshelf
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
J.Warrens
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1098 Posts

Profile of J.Warrens
LOL. This thread is hilarious! I thought that everybody knew about Christian's work. I have both of his books and wouldn't sell them for anything.

Cheers,

J.Warrens
Marlowe
View Profile
Regular user
MA
163 Posts

Profile of Marlowe
I know for a fact Diamond's Magic has a copy «or two» waiting on their bookshelf for some lucky winner.
How do I know?..I was there yesterday.
Crossroads Mystic
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
496 Posts

Profile of Crossroads Mystic
There is currently a copy for sale in Let's Make a Magic Deal.
~Gavin
...from whose bourne,

no traveler returns...

Formerly Mr.Skin

facebook.com/CrossroadsMystic
MPMagic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
122 Posts

Profile of MPMagic
Hi!

The book is out of print: I haven't got any copy left. However, I know there are some dealers, around the world, with one or two copies on their shelves (seen one in Italy last week...). The book is worth tracking down (and I'm not saying this just because I'm the publisher!) as it presents a practical way to merge storytelling with magic, with a number of stories that could allow anybody to create their own "legends" using Christian's plot as a starting point.

Currently, I only have available a few copies of Paradise Lost, an effect by Christian with apparatus, text and handling all in a single package...

Many thanks for supporting Hauntiques!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Thanks for sharing the referral Marlowe - they now have one copy less! Just finished the order over the phone with Eddie.
cdmdu
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of cdmdu
Mr Pusterla, I wanted to know if you will publish the Compendium Sortilegionis, latest French book of Christian Chelman, in English?
Or do you know if this project will occur before a long time? or perhaps the Curator himself could give us an answer?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hauntiques (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL