The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The BEST Rope I have EVER USED! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Like Frank and many others, I've been using Danys rope since his first appearance at the Castle Swap Meet...and those scissors that he mentions are the best I've ever owned. I like to keep a full spool of his rope in reserve, and it's time to load up again. His low prices means that you don't have to 'cheat' your audience on rope...use the proper amount without worrying about the cost.

See you at the Swap, Dany!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your kind words, see you at the Castle.

Posted: Oct 13, 2011 12:45am
Magic Castle Swap Meet this week. I'll be there again...same place (Palace). I'm not 100% certain yet, but this MAY be my last time there. I've come to a point where I have multiple businesses and not sure if I may continue doing this. For those of you "reading between the lines"....don't get your hopes up too fast....I haven't decided yet.

Dany Baronian
http://www.BaronianTrading.com
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
roberto37
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of roberto37
I use ropes from klamm magic
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Just placed my first order, and went with the 10 mm pre-cored.

Was just down to my last few meters, after my son decided he wanted to play cops and robbers with his sister, and had cut a lot of the rope Smile

Looking forward to this, after hearing all the great reviews!

RevJohn
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I just received my first order. I went with the 15mm and a set of shears. Both were shipped quickly and are high quality items. Dany's communication / service is terrific!

Now I may have to get some of the 10mm, as well. Smile
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2011-10-13 15:52, roberto37 wrote:
I use ropes from klamm magic

Then you should start your own Klamm magic ropes thread.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Thanks guys...i truely appreciate your support.
EVENTUCATOR
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of EVENTUCATOR
Does Daryl use 'Baronian' Magician's rope??
Just wondering!!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Wow, there is a lot of love for some rope coming from this thread. That's nice to see. $50 a spool is a good price if the rope is great but it is also an awful lot of money for a product that I can't hold.

I'd be willing to pay the money but I'm need some help getting an idea as to what kind of rope this is. Soooooooo... I am very familiar with the Camirand Elite Magicians Rope. This stuff looks fairly similar. How does this rope match up with the Camirand rope?

Is it close?

Pretty much exactly the same?

Better (excluding price)?

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Neal Preta's Super Rope is the absolute best I have ever used He also has a product called super string, more of a 1/8 " braided cord.
Super Rope was the only rope you see being used in my rope DVD

Kotah
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Never hear of that rope. Where can you find Neal Preta's Super Rope?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Th best rope of late should be diamond braided, cotton over cotton. As white as possible.
-------------
I like Baronian bct-10 but it is not as white as some.
----------
I sell Baronian and Loftus rope. I just saw uday cottonrope, very white very soft and cuts nice. Especially for the price.
--------------------
I am curious what Neal Prete's rope is and if he is just buying a standard rope or is importing it.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Neal contacted me several months ago, I called him and emailed him back, but we never had a transaction. He said he would call me but never did. Don't really know what he sells but he was curious about my ropes.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
To contact Neal and find out particulars about his rope/ arrange for samples use the following address:
Super.rope@ yahoo.com

Kotah
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2011-11-05 14:40, KOTAH wrote:
To contact Neal and find out particulars about his rope/ arrange for samples use the following address:
Super.rope@ yahoo.com

Kotah

Just got samples from Preta, it is very bright rope and several colors. It is not cotton though, it is braided synthetic with a core. Very stiff by comparison to cotton ropes. He send the "cord" in colors and it is just under 1/4". Cuts easy, but frays unless you melt it.
In my estimation it is not even close to magic grade cotton. The core is multi strands and removal does make the rope more supple.
The "super" rope is just about 1/2" but slightly larger and whiter than baronian bct-10, but just as white as the Loftus rope I carry (www.rope.ws). Removing the core from that does not make a difference, it is just not soft enough for rope work. Sorry Neal.
The cored piece of the 1/4" was good for Sands and Tabary effects, but for fiber optics the smaller piece was too stiff for the moves.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I have always stated that super rope was a nylon like rope.

I Love the way it glides through my hands for various st
retching rope effects, and traveling knots

It is extremely bright and visible, and stays clean after repeated handlings

For my needs it is the rope I like choose to use.

price wise it is cost effective as well.

We all discover what we like best, and when we do we stick with it.

Kotah
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
Thanks for the info magicmanfrank, and all. I was about to ask about good rope, currently being sold, in a new post ... and decided to google "best magicians' rope" instead. Sure appreciate the tips. I have written Dany to see if he has the BTC3 in stock. Again, thank you, all.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Hey George
Here is Neal's email address. I have used his rope for years, great stuff.

ntprete@sbcglobal.net
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2012-03-08 15:09, Al Angello wrote:
Hey George
Here is Neal's email address. I have used his rope for years, great stuff.

ntprete@sbcglobal.net

Al, I had neal send me a sample of his ropes. It just doesn't work for most of my routines. Much too stiff. Have you used the baronian or loftus rope?
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Most magic shops sell 7/32" cotton rope for cut and restore, but I use Neal's 1/4" cotton rope for my cut and restore. It is what old time magic shops used to sell, but Neal is the only one who still sells it. I really don't know anything about Neil's super rope.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The BEST Rope I have EVER USED! (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL